mini lop,holland lop,french lop,english lop.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbit_whisperer

Reaction score
How many people have (mini lops,holland lops,french lops,english lops. )ect.

Do they have good tempermants?

thanks,Jd

I have a mini lop. Initially, she can appear to be very grumpy at times, and will charge and butt you out the way (especially if you're in her territory) Lops are rather temperamental and come across as quite hardy animals. They are however very friendly once you give them a chance, thought definetely not a rabbit suitable for a child. Once again, not sure if this is just my lop, or if everyone's is similar, they all have different personalities.

We've raised Hollands for 16 years (currently have about 50)and also have 1 French Lop.

The Minis probably have the worst reputations as biters, but the French can be rather "crabby" also.

Pam

I have one Holland, one Mini and two American Fuzzy Lops.

My Mini has loads of attitude, but has never bitten or been aggressive.

My Holland is sweet, but not so bright, and nips if you hold her too long.

My Fuzzy Lops are sweet, sweet cuddle buns, but require a lot of grooming.

I love them all dearly.

I have a Holland Lop. She is very hyper and wants little to do with me or anyone else. She doesn't normally bit but if she wants down and you're holding her, she will bite as hard as she can. Yesterday she gave me a blood blister through my sweater because I was trying to groom her and she wanted to go.

I have two mini lops, and despite the fact that they are littermates, they both have very different personalities.
Noonoo is built like a furry brick, and is quite boisterous when he wants to be. If he doesn't want me to pet him, he'll headbut my hand away. When he was younger he would bite when scared, but we trained him out of that habit. Now, even if he knows it's medicine/grooming time, he'll stand his ground 'til the last.
Nala is his antithesis - she's very flighty and nervous, but loves nothing more than to fall asleep whilst you pet her. She's never bitten me, because she always chooses the 'flight' option. They can both get very pissy at times, but are very sweet and loving.

My friend owns Gara, Noonoo and Nala's littermate, and she is *THE* most loving, docile, friendly bunny in the freaking world! Even if she's never met you, if you walk into her house, she'll come running up to you. If you go to pet her or lower your head to the ground, she'll shower you with bunny kisses and start grooming you.

In my opinion, breed means very little when it comes to temperament; it really all depends on the individual rabbit.

Had a mini lop who was a biter, have a French Lop - a total madam with lots of attitude but also very sweet and doesn't bite at all.

i raised hollands, and go against the grain when i say mine were not mean or bitty at all (except one we nick-named brat. . .she was a nasty one), i loved mine.

i have 1 mini lop right now and she is very cuddle, but can be crabby at times. . .but still very lovable and rather mellow.

i also have an english lop. . .what a characture! they really are, everyone should have one of these guys! they are more like a dog in the sense that they want to be with you, play with you, taste whatever you have in your hands (doesn't matter if it is a book, food, or the cat. . .we have tasted them all!). they have a clown like personality and are always biffing out, sliding, tripping on their ears, ect. . .i owned a few of them when i bred, and they all seemed the same way. . .you can't have a frown when there is an english lop around (hey, that would be a great bumper sticker!)

i mean. . .how can you not want one of these:

herman_cute.jpg

Hehee... Kat, your bunny is just begging for scrumbles. That's the word we use to describe when you rub the sides of their heads under their ears and they are like 'aaaaaahhh, yeeeeeeeeah....' :D

I have an English lop as well...Raphael. When I got him last summer he was the sweetest, most pleasant rabbit I'd ever met. More like a puppy than a rabbit, and just as katt described. However, I adopted a spayed doe (mix breed) several months ago, and ever since Anna arrived, Raph has been extremely difficult to handle. He is extremely possessive of her, and his territory (which happens to be my entire backyard whenever he is loose). He charges me, bares his teeth, and has bitten both of my cats (and my dog as well, though he doesn't seem to bother with her any more for some reason). However, if I bring him in the house - away from the cages and far away from Anna - he's not too bad. I do miss my sweet-tempered Raph though. The last time I spoke to Raph's breeder she'd heard that Raph's father (owned by someone else) had been put down. I don't know the reason though...whether it was disposition or genetic defects (which Raph also has).

From what I've heard though, the E-lop in general does have a great reputation for being docile and very easy to handle. Aside from my experience with Raph (who will always remain my baby, even if he is a cranky old devil-bunny), I'd agree with katt...the English lop is a wonderful rabbit to have as a pet.

(katt, I love that pic of your guy!)

he he he. . . if that is what you call it. . .then scrumbles is his middle name!

I've heard rumors that french lops get to about 20 pounds is this true?

I love hollands!but I have a deep love for dutch rabbit,well that and lionheads.

Holly is such a good Holland lop. The only time she's bitten is when she feels threatened, like when she's being naughty and has gone somewhere she know's she shouldn't and we're trying to get her out. As far as her attitude, after having her for almost a year I think she acts very much like a cat. She'll come for some lovin' when she wants it. If you force it on her she wants nothing to do with you. I've only seen her grummpy when we take something out of her cage or when I'm using the broom in her cage, but other than that she's my sweetie!!

Latest posts

Back