maybe a new add to the family

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katt

Reaction score
he is 6 months old and the owners "didn't realize what they were getting into". . .

that is so sad, how do you not know what you are getting into with a rabbit called a flemish GAINT???

I agree. Some people. ugh.

At least they are willing to admit that they cant take care of the rabbit. Some people just neglect it...

So are you thinking of adopting? Keep us posted!

yup, i emailed them. . .told them that i wouldbe willing to take him in, at least untill i could find him a good home(or keep him myself). . .haven't told my parents yet (but it won't be abig deal now that winnie and herman are bonded i have an extra setup. .. plus i am a sucker for flemish giants. . .can't help it. . .

Aw I would love a Flemmie!:goodjob to you forrescuing him! Please let us know how it goes and post pictures if youcan!:pleaseplease:

no word yet, maybe the already found him a good home. . .

just to update!

If it falls through and you want a Flemmie, Isaw one on petfinder classifieds in mid-michigan that needs a home.They also said they "didnt know what they were getting into"....

Just a thought!

What is there to not know what you're getting into with a Flemish?

My goodness - I swear they've got to be among the most mild-manneredrabbits on this earth....and sweet as can be. (Ok...so I AM prejudiced).

When we first got Tiny - he was about 3 months old and totallyunsocialized. He'll be two in December and while he still hates to bepicked up - he's so much fun to have. He will come up and nudge us onthe legs and pull on my clothes to get a banana or bran flakes orcraisin, etc. Oh yeah - and grapes. He'll try to knock me over if hesmells grapes as he MUST have them...

But other than that...he's just a big baby.

Sorry....I almost never read this part of the forum as I want to adopteveryone. But I have a flemish giant, 3 holland lops, 2 mini lops, 2Netherland dwarfs and a ton of lionheads (breeder).....and Tiny is themost mild of all of them.

Peg

I think its probably not specific to flemmies.So many people buy a rabbit at a pet store only to later realize "theydidnt know what they were getting into". They basically just want astuffed animal. When their bunny chews, digs, or does other things thatbunnies love to do, they just give up.

Its very sad..

well, these people are giving him up JUST because they didn't think a FLEMMISH GIANT would get so big. . . i mean, come on. . .

if they don't need me to take him, then i won't be getting anotherrabbit right now. . . being in college 2 1/2 hours away isn't the bestway to bring in a rescue. . .i was only taking him in because i wouldrather add another rabbit now, then have another rabbit go into ashelter (or be released, or go to another bad home).

but still nothing. . .which could be a good or bad thing i guess. . .i just hope he finds a good home!

Back