Mating Behaviors?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrampNPigeon

Reaction score
After being fixed, will a male rabbit still try tomate a female? We noticed last night and again tonight that Tramp keepstrying to mount Pigeon (though the times we witnessed he seemed a bitconfused on which end of poor Pigeon to use). Also... is it normal forthem to have projectile urine? Pigeon managed to hit my back while Iwas sitting in my computer chair about 5 feet away (and she is atground level).

On a slightly different note... with very shy bunnies, how is the bestway to get them to come around. Obviously spending lots and lots oftime with them is a big part of it. I read somewhere though that whentrying to get them to overcome their shyness it is best not to reachinto the cage with them but if I wait until they are out of the cagethey won't let us touch them. They will get within easy reach but thenbolt back to their cage or nearest hiding spot as soon as we make anykind of movement. For the time being when we do let them out of thecage they are limited to an area about 9' x 9' until they are betterpotty trained and I know I can get them back to the cage when it istime... though that much has gotten better since they definitely viewthe cage as safety now. Anyhow... again, all ideas and viewpoints arewelcome.

Oh yeah.... we just took some pictures but since I still do things theold fashioned way (i.e. 35mm camera) you'll have to wait for me to getthem developed on disk to see them... I promise to have pics up soonthough. They are just TOO cute not to share!

Cheryl

I think i have an answer to your first question.
After the male rabbit has been fixed it willl try and get on top of thefemale for a while but then the novelty should just wear off. Have youhad your bunny neutered yet?

Luv 4rm Lauren and ebony and fidget
xoxoxoxo

Latest posts

Back