Marking Territory

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamaor

Reaction score
Kirby the Lion King has settled in pretty well. He races through the house doing bunny 500's with a few dog hurdle's along the way. He loves to hang out around the girls condo. Sticking his nose in and showing off with binkies and dead bunny flops. The problem is he continues to leave large amounts of poop all around the perimeter of the condo. A few poops isn't bad but I think he saves up everything he's got to decorate around the cage. He also will pee there as well sometimes. Is there a way to stop this? at first I would leave it while he was out thinking he might stop but the quantity has gotten out of hand so we have a Kirby dust buster to go behind him and suck it up. I have taken to squirting him with the squirt bottle this only sends him on his way for a lap or two then he's right back. The kids are threatening him with a soaker gun LOL.

Any suggestions?

No suggestions but I can sympathize as I've been there:).

I thought Kirby was very well litter trained when he stayed here, even during free run time so I would guess it is all just territorial. My buck Basil would leave nice piles of poops outside of Penny's cage during his free time too. I never did get him to stop but I got them bonded and moved into together so that solved the problem. I hope someone has some good suggestions for you.

I wish I had advice, but as you can see from my other post, I'm dealing with my own poop situation. I just had to laugh because I saw your poopity poop comment and couldn't help but wonder if you were inspired by my poopity poop poop comment. Ha ha! I crack myself up sometimes.

Oh! And good luck with the lion king and his marking :biggrin2:.

:roflmao:

Alexah wrote:
...I just had to laugh because I saw your poopity poop comment and couldn't help but wonder if you were inspired by my poopity poop poop comment. Ha ha! I crack myself up sometimes.

I can't offer advice; I've not gone through this experience myself. I just had to add that I, too, laughed about the "poopity poop" and "poopity poop poop" comments. Personally, I'm prone to exclaiming "crappity crap crap" (not in relation to the bunnies).

:biggrin2:

:group: :rabbithop :group:

This is pretty much what it's like around the girls cage LOL
I'm past poopity poop and crapity crap we have gone to straight Oh sh*t! LOL

Ahhhhhh I hate to tell you...... Bo is 4 and still poopity pooping to mark the play area as his........ What fun..... :?

Kamaor wrote:
:group: :rabbithop :group:

This is pretty much what it's like around the girls cage LOL
I'm past poopity poop and crapity crap we have gone to straight Oh sh*t! LOL

I hope you get some advice, I am curious to know what people say, too! Like others in this thread, I feel your pain. My first rabbit, Cinnabun, was an only bun and he used his litter box almost perfectly. When we got Rory years after Cinnabun died, he also used his litter box very well. When Tallulah came home, the poop gates opened. She used to poop all around the outside of Rory's cage, I counted over 100 once just in a couple hours! She would stick to the area around his cage though, and 95% of the time ran to the litter box to pee. Around this time, Rory started being a bit more liberal with where he pooped, and peed outside the litter box sometimes too. Now that Skyler is here, all I can say is what where you step. I do poop patrol after each bunny is put back in his cage for the night, but they're like little poop machine guns. It was worse when Tallulah was still here (though I'd give ANYTHING to have her and her excessive pooping back), but it's still pretty impressive. The boys' poops look different, so I can tell who is doing it, and it's pretty much split even. Skyler is having trouble with the idea of a litter box so pees sometimes on the carpet, but Rory pees on the carpet fairly frequently and I know he can use the litter box :X

Surprisingly enough, all the poop and pee doesn't bother me that much. I've resigned myself to picking up poop 10 times a day and I have a huge bottle of Nature's Miracle for the occasional pee. I also have a couple litter boxes the bunnies can always access outside of their cage.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back