Male Goolies Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratmom

Reaction score
After we bathed wilbur tonight I noticed he had some spots on one of his goolies. What was weird they were hard to get off and I noticed just under the skin it felt like little pebbles and I squeezed gently and something came out. It looked kind of like the scent glad wax or kind of like a black head if that makes sense. I know that isn't the best description, but it was only on one side. He's into his hard shed right now so hair is coming out everwhere so I'm not sure if it's from that or what. Ever heard of this? He's due for his checkup so I think I will schedule that I've been wanting to get him neutered for health and maybe it would be better on his bottom. He is a holland and gets messy bottoms often.

I'm not sure what that is, but I'm not sure I want to ask. ;)

Assuming its boy bit of some kind, it seems to me someone here just had a bunny with what turned out to really be a 'blackhead' in the nether regions. This isn't my area, but maybe somebody else has had experience with this.

But still, IMO, best to get the neuter done sooner than later. Anything even close to an abscess is nothing to fool with.

I'm concerned with his ongoing poopy butt, though. Prone to them or not, there should be adiet fix for that.Haveyou been experimenting to see what makes it happen?

With some bunnies it's the pellets, others it's certain veggies, and others it's all veggies.

Pats for Wilbur.:pet:

sas :)

Yup it's his bits LOL.
About his poopy butt, the only thing we have narrowed it down to is his hair. As much as I trim down there he still gets it all stuck in his hair all the time. Maybe I should have him shaved really good down there when I have him neutered lol.

Wilbur got a good checkup today I think I found a really good rabbit vet. She was nice and gentle and wilbur was a gentleman lol. She looked at his bits and got the stuff under the microscope and said it was keratonized cells which was like tiny cysts, but not major. We have to get some domeboro and rinse him with it which should help. Plus she wants him on timothy pellets so once this bag goes down a bit I will slowly switch him over soon. She recommended mazuri or oxbow. Hopefully after he stops shedding I can get him neutered finally lol.

Latest posts

Back