Making Rabbit Treats At 12 am!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverBirchRabbitry

Reaction score
Well my moms boyfriend has some friends over, they are all outside chatting and stuff.

I have never made treats for the bunnies but I found a really good recipe, I'm boiling the carrots right now so I can puree them :nasty:

Then they have to bake for half an hour, then sit in the oven for 1 hour! So I will be up till like 2 lol Oh well It's the weekend :]

I will go out to the barn and see if the buns are awake when the treats are cool and make a delivery lol I will be tasting them first though! Anything I won't eat they might not want lol

I approved the recipe & it won't hurt them! :biggrin2:

Here is the link:

http://www.rabbit.org/fun/biscuts.html

Sounds like fun - my son Andy came home from a concert and was going to spend the evening fishing for catfish...Tim told him it was fine...so now I am wide awake and hoping I am not up all night!

Denise

I would think so but Andy is a fishing fiend... he was all excited about some hatch of flies that were driving the fish nuts two weeks ago - all I know is the boat I race on was covered in them and I hate bugs! He carries his license and fly rod with him at all times.

He will look up bugs and flies to identify what the fish might be biting on.

Hope those carrots soften up for you!:D

Denise

LOL...the only treats my babies get that late at night is banana slices with oats sprinkled on top! Hopefully once we move I'll have more freedom to do such things at night. I'm such a night-owl.

Sounds yummy! :)

Why did you boil the carrots?

It said to puree them, just curious.

Susan:?

Because I am lazy and don't want to have to grind or puree things, I wonder if you could use baby food carrots instead of the fresh carrot and use 1/2 cup pellet dust (there's always a lot in the bottom of my bags of food, it's just crushed up pellets) instead of 1/4 cup ground pellets and 1/4 cup ground oats? Then maybe you could just knead in some oats. I haven't made treats for the bunnies before, but I used to make ratty treats a lot and they love them.

I steamed my carrots first!

Mine were still squishy once I took them out of the oven.

Lucy at first gave it one or two licks, didn't look like she liked it.

Then when I went to turn a way she lunged on it and wolfed it down!

My treats!
IMGP0556.jpg

I'm selling them now to my friends with rabbits. People are like 'ooooh make me some!'

Latest posts

Back