Making a indoor cage for three

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tessie

Reaction score
As some of you know I have two babies(3 wks old)and mom. I cannot let the babies go Please post a three story cage that my dh can build for my bed room.

Are you looking to house them together or separately when the babies are older?

If you plan on housing them together, then the cage space can be a bit smaller than if you had to house them separately.

It they will be housed separately, then I would have each cage at least 2X4ft. If you did an NIC cage, 2X4 would be big enough and you could build it up 5 or 6 panels. Some people have metal shelving units and use the panels to make cages. Building your own frame could also be done.
You might be able to make it one large cage if they got along later.

Korr_and_Sophie wrote:
Are you looking to house them together or separately when the babies are older?

If you plan on housing them together, then the cage space can be a bit smaller than if you had to house them separately.

It they will be housed separately, then I would have each cage at least 2X4ft. If you did an NIC cage, 2X4 would be big enough and you could build it up 5 or 6 panels. Some people have metal shelving units and use the panels to make cages. Building your own frame could also be done.
You might be able to make it one large cage if they got along later.

They will be housed together can you post a picture so my dh will have a idea and a plan :)

thank you

It really depends on the space you have available. The cube shelving panels can be configured to fit the space.

Here's are a couple of my favorite ones, courtesy of other members. The first one is 2x3x3, probably the better size for three rabbits.

1199_192034_050000000.jpg

1199_192038_090000000.jpg

And below is an example (not a 'plan'), of a throw-together pen I made for a weird corner of my living room. I'm about to rebuild it to make it look a lot neater, but its an example of how you can overlap panels, double them up to make them more secure, put shelves in the middle of panels, etc..

1199_160435_280000000.jpg

What are the panels you use, :)and where do I get them ?

They are called NIC panels; you will also find them listed as wire cube storage
organizational wire grid
A lot of people use them in their homes as storage units within closets or in the bathroom to hold towels.

You should be able to find them at your local target or walmart, or home depot and other hardware stores. Usually in the organizational or storage sections.

most canadian tires have them. so what ever the american version of canadian tire is i'm sure you can find them there

Latest posts

Back