lucy isnt right

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucylocket

Reaction score
luvy wet to the vets last night for her mysiy injection and also haf one cause they found mites on her again

she seems very depressed and hasnt ate i think since yesterday morning

when should i be consirned

she has always found going to the vets bad but the vet wanted to loook at her teeth but she strugled and struggled

varna xxxx

Hi Varna,

Poor lucy :(. My bunnies hate the vets and usually are out of sorts for the rest of the day.

Rule of thumb is that 24 hours without eating drinking pooping peeing is reason to be concerned.

Do you have some Nutrical (or the UK equivalent)?

Will she take her favorite treats?

Try hand feeding her.

I always have good results giving them parsley. Dip it in water first,too. It will give her some liquid and may prompt her appetite.

You may have to syringe food and liquids. A pellet slurry might be a good idea if you're all up to it.

Is it possible that the vet may have accidentaly injured her mouth when he examined her?

Prayers and good thoughts sent!!

Keep us updated!

`jim

hi jim

just apoke to tony aND HES JUST SAID LICY HAS ATE A bIT OF PELLETS AND HAS HADF 2 LEAFS OF HER FAVOURATE CABBAGE

YOU NO YOU SAID TO MAKE HER FOOD INtO LIKE A SLURRY DO U MEAN JUST TO MIX IT WITH WATER

the vet said also she is terribly over weight she was 2.7 last time andyesterday she was 3.1 and he said her dewlap is getting reaslly big

is this right that if it becomes to big it can come infected

varna xxxxx

It sounds like she's coming around.

Yes, a pellet slurry is ground up pellets mixed with water.

I don't think a big dewlap is more in chance of infection than a smallone. Binkie's dewlap was so big because she had an abscess.

Got to run. I'll try to post more later.

`jim

Hi Varna! I'm sorry Lucy isn't feelingwell. I wonder if maybe the vaccination made her feelbad? I know my kittens were really tired after theirvaccinations. You could call the vet and ask. He'dknow.

If she's eating on her own now I wouldn't syringe feed her.Just encourage her to eat by giving her some of her favorite veggiesand hay.

Large dewlaps don't usually get infected, there's usually somethingelse going on that causes the infection. But it does soundlike once she's feeling better again, you'll need to cut back on treatsand pellets.:)

lucylocket wrote:
is this right that if it becomes to big it can come infected

varna xxxxx

Fungus and bacteria are more likely to grow in the crevices, which canlead to infections. Large dewlaps are more prone to aninfection called "wet dewlap", caused by a continually moist dewlapfrom dragging in the water dish.

Pam

Back