Lottie the Escape Artist...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinksalamander

Reaction score
So, because the rabbits thump at night, Archie comes into the house at night, and Lottie stays out, but goes in the small hutch, which has much more solid floors than the big one, so when she thumps it isn't too bad.

So I went through my routine, put Lottie to bed last night.

At around 6.30 am, I heard really really loud thumping, I couldn't work out why it was so loud, but anyway, I got up to go down and tend to her/tell her to shut up. When I got down there she was sitting in the top level of the BIG hutch! The bottom two doors were wide open, as I had left them, and the top door of the little hutch, where she was supposed to be, was wide open.

I guess she must've pushed the top door open, jumped out, and with the entire world at her feet to explore, she... went into the other hutch!

She must have been out all night, as she still had food in the little hutch, and I know she would not have left that in there. Basically I mean, she didn't just escape an hour or so before I discovered her, she must have escaped shortly after I put her away as she hadn't finished her food, and usually there is no sign of any food by morning, she polishes it off in an instant.

Silly bunny... I'm just thinking I'm lucky I left the big hutch doors open, or she would have probably run off!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

I haven't been around enough to get my Lottie fix...so guess how happy I was to come across this this morning!

Lottie is such a silly girl! But it's definitely a good thing she was silly enough to go into the other hutch as opposed to running free. At least she was able to keep herself safe through the night until you found her. What a little pip that Lottie is...

Oh god! She just escaped again!!

Well this time it was really my own fault. I wanted to take her out to put her in the run. She was being silly and hiding in the furthest corner, and I couldn't reach her without kneeling down... on the wet ground... in my brand new jeans...

So I got frustrated and stepped away from the hutch. She quickly came over and hopped out of the hutch. I went to grab her, and she legged it. She ran under our garden gate. I was screaming inside, I grabbed some mint from a flowerbed we have growing herbs, and went after her. By the time I'd grabbed the mint she was down the end of the path, around 5ft from the road. I knew if I chased after her she would leg it, and she can far outrun me, so I just walked quickly up to her, she was happily hopping away, she ran across our front lawn onto our neighbours lawn, I was there behind her wagging this useless bit of mint and shouting in a stupid high-pitched twee voice 'Lottie!!! Lottie!' while a man walking down the street was laughing his head off at me.

She almost ran into the other neighbour 2 doors overs garden, which would mean me scaling a small but nasty shrub, luckily she ran back towards me and back down my own path towards the back of the house. I was dreading that she would go up our steps, as we have a fence with loads of holes in it, and she could easily get itno the garden of the house behind by going round the shed, and then she would likely be lost forever because I could never run around the block to get to their garden.

In the end she just kept hopping around, and every time I went over she hopped off.

I eventually put the mint on the ground and she went over for an inspection, I managed to grab her before she legged it. She didn't seem that angry, I think she was enjoying herself!

My heart is pounding!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

:scared::scared::scared:

Eeeek!! Some serious bunny proofing needed I reckon! :p

How did she manage to open the hutch in the middle of the night? Is it a sliding latch thing? If so she's one clever bun lol!

Mouse has escaped from the garden pen a couple of times- hence she's always supervised lol. The other day I looked up from petting Barney, and she had some how opened the gate bit and was just happily hopping round the garden, heading straight for the longer grass at the edges lol! We have to open one end of the pen, prop it up against the garden fence, then sort of shoo her round the other side, until she just ends up running back in the pen with a confused look on her face, and we say 'ha! fooled again Mouse!' :D

Silly bunnies...

I think it is bunny escape day! Fluffball got out as well today!

:scared:

Jamie's never gotten out outside, but Pickles got out of the back porch one time. and you know where he went with the world at his feet? sat at the corner of the porch, tree feet from the door:rollseyes. but he gave me good scare! so, how're you gonna lock Ms. Houdini up now?

Latest posts

Back