losing lots of fur

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canela_2004

Reaction score
Kahlua has been losing (or pulling out) lots of fur these past few days. I have looked her over and there are no visible signs of ectoparasites or rashes and she does not seem itchy. She hasn't been scratching of anything, just pulling fur. Anyone have any clue what it could be?

absolutely not. she is an only bunny and has not been in contact with any other rabbits since she has been here (over a year).

Is she spayed? She may be going througha false pregnancy. My Pebbles used to pull out handfuls of fur to build a nest with, but just left it laying around. Are you just seeing bundles of fur everywhere? She may be shedding heavily too?

If she isn't spayed she may be pulling out fur because she wants to be bred. Some of my does will do that when they haven't been bred in a while. I would get her spayed if I were you. If she is already spayed then not sure what to tell you other then possibly mites or something........ but unlikely. False pregnancy is also a very good bet if she isn't spayed.

Back