Long time no see

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixonsrabbitry

Reaction score
You guys remember me from a couple of months ago.I had the fiasco with the city makingme get rid of my rabbits. To makea long story short, they did hold a city meeting. I can have therabbits again. I heard the FFA and maybe some 4-h clubs got after themat their meeting about it.

Anyhow saturday one if my standard chinchilla bucks took best of groupat the michigan state fall rabbit show! And he almost won best inshow!He ended up being picked as one of the top two rabbits in theentire open class show! Usually they dont look at the standard chinstwice when it comes to winning best of group or best in show becausethey are a rare breed. He was a bunny that I almost had to get rid oftoo! :( BUt luckily another breeder kept him for me.

I got his mom back saturday! Ive really missed her. The guy I gave hertoo over this gave her back to me. And his father has picked up theslack from me not being able to bring many rabbits to the shows becauseof that *certain problem*. He's been winning best of breedsconsistantly. And he just recently earned his third leg. Im stillgetting getting over the shock of his son almost winning the show! Hewas beaten by a fuzzy lop. The judge said that if he had more depth ofbody he wouldve had best of show.

One of the florida white breeders cut me a deal on a breeding doe. He,and another florida white breeder are helping me get back into them.

Anyhow just saying hi and bragging. :)

Glad you are back,congratulations on being ableto keep your bunnies,many 4Hers live in the suburbs and cant get a cowor horse or lamb.bluebird

dixonsrabbitry wrote:
...Anyhow just saying hi and bragging. :)
Well, thanks for stopping in on both accounts, Janelle! Happyto hear your buns are doing so well in spite of the problems you had todeal with.

Don't be such a stranger. There are several peoplehere who breed and a few that show. Your imput would be ofinterest and appreciated by those seeking to learn more about boththose aspects of rabbit husbandry.

Buck

Welcome Janelle, and Congratulations!

-Carolyn

A leg certificate is what a bunny earns whehe/she wins first place at a rabbit show. But, therehas tobeleast five rabbits in his/her class that have be owned bythree or more exhibitors, in order to win that leg. :) They can alsowin a leg by winning best in group, best 4-class, or best in show.

Yeah, well t6he bad part is I had to cut bacxk tosix rabbits. Then they held a meeting and decided not to pass anordinance on rabbits cause of who it would affect. They got theircommunity mad at them. So now I have to pretty much start over. Not somuch on the standard chins as I do the florida whites. Ive got a judgefriend plus a few others that have my sc bloodlines helping me out withthose. I just bought a jr doe bred right directly from my originalbreeding lines saturday too. I plan on breeding her to my group winningbuck when shes old enough. The florida whites are gonna be tough to getbreeding again. You really have to cull hard for body type on those andits hard to get on them. Ive got another breed wanting to give me somebreeding does in the spring once I get room. The only thing he wantsout of them is babies from a buck that I kept that is crossed with someof his breeding lines. Hes the one that keeps consistantly winning. :)I sold that same rabbits brothers and sisters to a youth. They keepwinning alot too.

Latest posts

Back