Lixotinic??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnymommy76

Reaction score
Southern Suburb of Chicago, Illinois, USA
Pidge was at the vet again today and the doctor gave him a vitamin called lixotinic because of everything pidge has been through lately with the ear infections and abcess surgery. She said that it may help "boost" his immune system because he had been so sick and he is considered elderly. I just wondered if anyone has ever heard of this and if you used it, were there any problems or side effect with your bun?

This is what I found on another website:

LIXOTINIC[suP]®[/suP] is a vitamin and mineral supplement that contains iron, copper, five B-complex vitamins, and liver paste, which furnishes essential amino acids.

Is liver a good thing or a bad thing?

I would think the benefits to a rabbit in this concoction would be the B vitamins and maybe a little buzz from the sugar (and that really might not be a good thing). But I would be very concerned about some of the "stuff" such as corn syrup, sucrose and liver that are also in this stuff. The benefits of the B vitamins are much safer when administered by an injection of B Comp. Something we use with sick/injured wildlife all the time....and for my, myself and I every once in a while. It is a really "pick me up". In one of my other hobbies, we call an injection of B Comp a "push up".

Randy

Latest posts

Back