Little Smarty Pants

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loppy Earred Mom

Reaction score
That little smarty pants Stitch of mine I put abox in the middle of the room for her to play and hide and and wouldn'tu know she pushed it up to the no no table where we keep the billshopped on top of it and tried to chew my bills up!

Aw..thats cute but yet I know how annoying thatcan be! lol My rabbit does that quite often...but considering I donthave to pay bills yet..its usually my homework or a note from a friend.Do you think the teacher would accept "My rabbit ate my homework??" lol

LOL I dont think she will hahaha... It was funnyI looked at her and said Oh MY GOODNESS I knew I shoulda known better!and she just looked at me moving her little nose and off she ran

Loppy Earred Mom wrote:
That little smarty pants Stitch of mine I put a box in themiddle of the room for her to play and hide and and wouldn't u know shepushed it up to the no no table where we keep the bills hopped on topof it and tried to chew my bills up!
That take a considerable amount of intelligence andreasoning. Stitch is actually using the box as a tool, onceconsidered the primary difference between the human and animalworld...we used tools, animals did not!

Then we found chimps using tools, later birds, otters, elephants andothers. Yours is the first time I've read of a rabbit using a"tool." They are often considered a rung below cats in intelligence,but I've not read of cats using tools, but perhaps they doalso.

In any case, Stitch's behavior is pretty significant to me!

Buck

Rex did the same exact thing a couple months ago....

[copied from an older post]:
Yeah, so my little devil bunny (aka Rex - that's him in my avatar) gotout of the pen last night. The bunnies have a pretty big dog crate tolive in, plus an excersise pen attatched to the crate that goes aroundthe front, to play in. (their home consumes a good portion of my room)There is no top to the pen, but the sides are about three feet tall andthey've never tried to jump it.

Well, about a week ago I gave them this huge carboard box to play with,about the same height as the pen, and they've been having a blast withit. They don't have enough room to work up a running jump to the top,so, again, I wasn't worried they'd escape. But last night I saw Rextry, repeatedly, to jump up through the small hole in the top (I foldedthe cardboard panels over each other, you know, so there was a smallopening)

He had pushed another, smaller box, over to underneath that opening andhad chewed it enough that he could fit through. But the way the panelsfit, they couldn't support the weight of a full-grown rabbit. So hekept falling back through. Quite amusing to see the top half of arabbit appear briefly then disappear just as fast. I knew there was noway he could get out on top, so I ignored it and went to bed.

That little stinker continued to rack his bunny brain until he came upwith another idea. Pushing that smaller box over to the side of thelarger box, he began chewing a hole in the corner, where the top metone of the side panels. About an hour later, he managed to wriggle hisnot-so-little body through, and I woke up to the familiar tick-ticksound of bunny nails on my floor. I look down from my bed and he's onhis way out my door into the living room.

My mom saw him too, and we managed to herd him back into my room andplace one very unhappy bunny back into his pen. He was pretty mad atme, but not mad enough to enjoy a few comforting nose rubs.

I covered the pen in a sheet, reinforced it with clothespins so hecouldn't try it again, and went back to sleep, an hour or so after Ihad intended to be in bed.

Silly rabbit...

~M

Gir learned to use the tin I keep the food in tojump onto the opening in my DVD rack, to wiggle to the back side, tojump over the barrier I have blocking the back of the TV to get behindthe TV and chew on the rolled up artwork I have back there :X

Latest posts

Back