Litter Box dilemma

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cher

Reaction score
Well I finally succumbed to tossing out Jaden andJezebel's plastic litter box, they chewed a giant hole in the side andwere about to work on their next "piece de resistance" I was alsoworried about the digestion of said boxes....I have been to every petstoreimaginable and nowhere can I find those good solidplastic boxes (they REFUSE to use the rabbit style boxes, raised onkitty litter pans)

Keeping that in mind, this is what I have resorted to-A big glass pyrexrectangle shaped dish. Easy to clean, they can't eat it...but it annoysJaden since she can't re-arrange her home on a daily basis so she hopsin it, and tosses the contents out !:( I am hoping it is a phase andshe will get used to it. Just thought I would share that tidbit and seeif anyone else out there has some slightly whacked idea's that haveworked for them??

Cher

There was a time when I could not find mypreferable large size plastic corner litter box anywherelocally. I did find them on line and even with the shippingcharges, it was little more than local prices with sales tax, plusthere was no aggravation dealing with traffic, left turns in NJ,"questing" from pet shop to pet shop, etc.

As far as alternative litter boxes...throwaway cardboard boxes cut toappropriate shape, throwaway tin foil cook/bake ware are two I canthink of off hand. Actually, pyrex dish sounds pretty clever to me andI suspect Jaden may eventually tire of tossing the contents out.

Buck

haha never under estamate the power of thebunny she'sworking up the strenght to pick up that litter box mark my words *evillaugh* If not she has decided to protest until such item is removedLOL

a friend of mine zip tied her litter box into the cage because the bunskept dumping it, so they then resorted to digging itclean...not sure if they have gven up on that or not and it's been 2years LOL

I have considered putting some type of wire grid over Rocky's litterbox as he liked to dig his clean the naughty boy, takes his g/f(emptyoat container, he takes her everywhere, 1 container lasts him about ayear)in the box with him and digs it clean. I tell him he'snaughty but he just looks up at me like "se the good job I have done, Iknow you love my mummy"

I have seen those type of grids you can purchasefor litterboxes.... knowing a bunny, tho, they would pick up the gridand fling it out as well!

:?

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I have seen those type of grids you can purchase forlitterboxes.... knowing a bunny, tho, they would pick up the grid andfling it out as well!

:?
i'm working on it, maybe make it hindged at the back.....we shall see

LOL

"see the good job I have done"

OH how I know that LOOK!! but makes you wonder does it not? Good job onWHAT? making your poor mom's life just a touch more on the chaotic sideby making her clean your cage more than the required 5 times a day?geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

Bo B Bunny, I tried the grid and you are right on the money there! Itbecomes yet another tossing toy..oh how I fought with Jezebel back inTaiwan with the grate~I finally gave in to her and took it out :( Mybunnies always win.....

I AM A BUNNY SLAVE!

P.S.

Okay Mr.Buck I am holding ya to the hopes that she will eventually tire of such behavior :p

Cher

You are no longer in Taiwan? Just curious.

I figured it would be a toy! Bo had a St. Louis Cardinals Visor thathad fallen on the floor..... this morning........ he's all of 2.75pounds and was tossing this thing around the room like it was a pieceof hay. They are mighty strong!

I am so very thankful that (so far) bo is good about hislitterbox. He had a corner style, then I got the big squareone. his cage is long and narrow so there isn't much room tomove things.... he had moved the corner one once when I got the biggerone...... I think his cage will remain narrow and long LOL!

Hello to all,

We have 5 outdoor rabbits...and one always gets out, on Sundaysonly. He was named Honey...and has now becomeHudini.

We brought him in because he was so chilled and wet (snowed)...andthought I might give it a whirl indoors. We bought a litterbox and puthim into a dog kennel...large wire.

Doesanyone have any advice on house braking a rabbit?

All is appreciated!

:dude: 50/50

Hello again,

This is why we are 50/50...half floppy and half American.

50/50

Quick answer to the Taiwan question-I am back in Canada for now....."Have bunnies will travel though" *grin grin*

As far as house braking a rabbit, I find they usually skid quitequickly into the wall when they dont use their automatic back thumpergear shifter :p

Err umm, I mean please see above link (and of course insert humour and a big happy bunny grin here TOO!)

Cher

I appreciate the help with the housebreaking. One more unrelated question...how do I put my pixup? I tried to add where it asks for attachment when I postedmy message...to no avail.

Thank you,

50/50

Latest posts

Back