linoleum for a cage...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luluznewz

Reaction score
Hey,

My dad just built a really nice new hutch for Lulu and Zeppelin, but we are having trouble finding a place to buy the linoleum for the floor.

We just need a small quantity, enough for the cage, but so far we can only buy it in mass quantities.

You can usually buy it by the square foot at large hardware stores such as Lowes or Menards. They have giant rolls in the back which they just cut off at the width/length you want. Some places that install carpeting or other flooring might also sell it by the square foot. You may only be able to get it in one length though and have to plan on some waste.

actually a few of the ones out of the dumpster behind stores are hardly used and usually only have 1 or 2 flaws that make them unsellable, so they just toss them..

I would love to use carpeting, but my rabbits would rip it to shreds and ingest it. I'm actually having a really big problem with that right now in my new house. We just moved, and they have never been on carpet before and they will not stop eating it.

I tried home depot but for some reason they insisted they didn't have anything like that. We dont have a lowes. I'll just shop around I guess and go back to home depot and press harder. Thanks!

I used to work at Home Depot. You will probably have to hunt them down yourself if they insist the don't have them. If they are not in that department or haven't filled in for that department, they won't know a thing about it. Unless they really don't have them for some reason. California seems to have more bans on certain things than other states. It would be very easy for them to search for it in their system though. Tell them to search "Armstrong Vinyl Tile" or Trafficmaster is another brand.Or have them go onto their own website and type in vinyl tile in the search window. You'll see them pop up! They should be offering to do this for you anyhow (if they give a rip about customer service that is).

Anyhow, they sell them in box qauntities of like 45 pcs. HOwever, right in front of those boxes in the display area, they should have just single pieces you can buy for like $0.69 ea. They have what looks like wax paper on the backs of the tiles that you peel off and stick.

They are great, so keep looking! Good luck! :biggrin2:

if all else fails, go to walmart or something and get them plastic sheets that are off the roll (you buy by the foot. come in clear, might have designs or patterns, or might be translucent or opaque) and put that over carpet. we use it for a shower curtain, so it's water proof and pretty easy to clean.

Latest posts

Back