Licking then humping?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flashy

Reaction score
I'm bonding a trio, two bucks and a doe, and they are all grooming all ways which is GREAT!

The two bucks were neutered a month ago, so they are heavily supervised (the doe is not spayed).

When one of the bucks has been grooming someone else, he then tries to hump them.

I'm sort of thinking that maybe heis grooming them and then asserting his dominance (sort of reminding them he is the dominant one after giving in and licking them). I just thought I would ask if anyone has any otherideas for why he might be doing this (other than the obvious of his hormones are dying down, but he ONLY does it after he has been grooming). I can read them pretty well, but just wanted to check I was reading this the right way.

Well, I don't have any great insight, but I wanted to let you know you're not alone with the grooming humping thing.

Charlie has been neutered for oh... a year and a few months, and still, he will get int grooming misty, and all of a sudden he will start making his little honking noises and try to climb on... I dunno...

Nadia

Maybe it's some form of bizarre rabbit etiquette?

Not sure it's one of my favourites though.

Latest posts

Back