Letters to Teeny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The BUNFATHER

Reaction score
Dear Teeny,

Welcome to the forum. My mama has been looking at your picture a lot - especially when she gets sad - and smiling. She's told me a lot about you and she said that I ought to take you "under my wing" and help you learn about being the biggest bunny in the house. I tried to explain to her that I don't have wings...but she still thinks that it would be nice for me to send you some letters. So I'm gonna call this "Letters to Teeny" and I'll try to share some advice and tips with you in it.

First of all - this letter is about those ears. Get used to the fact that people are going to look at them and point at them and laugh and giggle. People won't comment on your handsome face or how nicely you've groomed your tail. They won't mention your muscular shoulders. No - it is the ears that they talk about first.

But let me tell you - wear those ears with pride and enjoy them. You will find that your ears are wonderful.

For example, today I was out in the living room and I heard mama in the office getting into something I knew I'd want to eat. She was surprised when I came running down the hall because she knew I couldn't SMELL what she was doing. But with my ears - I was able to HEAR her and not miss out on treats.

Ears are also nice because humans will pet you longer since your ears are long. My mama likes to rub my ears and it feels SOOOO good. Teach your mama (while you're still young) just where you like to have your ears rubbed. Start training her now to recognize the signs that you're nudging her for ear rubs.

Also - if your mama lets you have a bond mate later on - ears are great for grooming. Miss Bea really does a good job of grooming my head and ears and it is SOOOO relaxing. She's also taught me how she likes her ears groomed. Grooming ears is a nice way to whisper secrets to each other without your humans hearing...and its a nice way to show affection.

So Teeny - show off those ears. Be proud of them....and know that as you use them - you'll get to hear lots and lots of secrets that the other bunnies can't hear (and the humans can't hear).

The BunFather

Oh Bunfather...I respect and honor your advice. So nice to have such an expert take me under his wings...or maybe its ears...I dunno. I's still too young to understand it all, really.

I heard from Laura Lady that Mama's coming to pick me up soon...I also heard that she's taking home two tiny bunnies...and she has KITTIES! :D I can't wait to meet them (whatever they are)!

Oh yes...I've already been catchin' giggles from the ears...haven't been quite sure what to make of it. But I'll take your advice and wear them with PRIDE. After all, I have the biggest ones here! :D

I can't wait to be home...Laura Lady says I'mses gonna have a BIG ol' cage! Wow....:shock: That's good, too...mine has shrunk A LOT so far...why don't they make these darn things so they don't shrink in the sun?? Don't they know they're CROWDIN' buns like this? Whew! And I haven't changed cages, either..it's just that somehow this one is gettin' smaller!! :shock: Good thing Mama's comin' tomorrow...I'm worried the walls might SQUEEZE me eventually!

I can't wait to write you from home...Laura Lady doesn't realize I borrowed her computer while she was sleeping...shhhhh...

Hehe!!

Teeny :brownbunny

Oh Teeny....cages are horrible...aren't they. The sad thing is - your cage didn't shrink in the sun - you GREW. That's right - you grew and so did all of your brothers and sisters. This is why your cage doesn't fit so good right now. The humans own't let it hurt you but it can seem scary sometimes. You'll be ok. My mom will talk to your mom a lot and I know your mom knows that you need LOTS of space.

I thought I'd talk to you for a bit about a sensitive topic. The topic is "kisses".

Now a lot of bunnies have different opinions about kisses. Miss Bea, my almost bond-mate, feels like they are for bunnies only and we shouldn't give them to humans. However, she spent a year in something called "kindergarten" with small humans who were young and she sort of saw the bad side of humans.

I like to think that kisses are good for training humans how to treat us the way we want to be treated. I use my kisses to reward mom for doing nice things for me, to thank her for treats and stuff and to let her know that I want attention. Sometimes I will look up at her and not offer kisses but then give them to her if she starts to pet me and rub my ears.

My mom loves my kisses. She says they aren't sloppy like a dog's kissses. She often pets me and hopes I'll give her kisses...sometimes I do...and sometimes I don't. I have to use them sparingly so that she doesn't get too used to them. I want her to still value them and if she gets them too easily - she won't appreciate them as much.

Now as far as other rabbits...its ok to go ahead and give them kisses and stuff as you're grooming them. Just watch out for what you say...don't say "You're my favorite" or something (unless you really mean it) because trust me - they'll talk about it and what you said and there is nothing like having two other rabbits upset at you 'cause you told them the same thing...that they were your favorite.

But kisses are ok to give to other rabbits. Just remember to use them sparingly sometimes with your humans...so they'll really learn to appreciate them.

The BunFather

I GREW?? :shock: How the heck did THAT happen?? I's so confused...all I've done is change change change since the first time I saw my bunny mama...my ears are HUGE...my feet are GIGANTIC...and my fur keeps changin' colors! :shock: I just dunno whats to think of all this...

Kisses?? You mean like those licks bunny mama gives me? I's can give those to HOOMANS?? YAYY!!! Wait, you said I can'ts give too many...right? But I can snuggle into Mama's chest still, right?? She's WARM, and smells nice...:)

So...I's gonna have other bunnies?? YAYY!!! I thought I would have to be allll alones...but if there's gonna be other bunnies...I's gonna have FUN!!

Um...I have a question...what are kitties?? I keep hearing from Laura Lady there's gonna be some there with Mama's home...but I's don't know what theys are...

Kitties are what some might call a "lower life form" than us bunnies. You can tell this by their tail....notice how it isn't short like ours (unless they are certain breeds).

I learned all about this in kindergarten...about different life forms, etc and after observing our kitties, I figured out they were a lower life form.

That's because BUNNIES ROCK....

Miss Bea ~ soon to be Tiny's bondmate...maybe!

Teeny...my boy....I'm sure by now you've met the kitties. Whether or not they are a "lower life form" depends upon a bun's opinion of them. I find them interesting to watch and some of the other bunnies like to tease them when they have playtime. I would encourage you to watch them for a bit and come up with your own opinion. I like our kitties - most of the time.

Just watch their tail ~ if it starts moving back and forth a lot - chances are good that the kitty is angry and you want to stay away right then.

I'll write more later...mom needs to use the computer now.

The BunFather

Back