Latte bit Drizzle

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalena2148

Reaction score
Should I just clean it with peroxide? It's still bleeding a little.

S4010011-2.jpg
S4010010-3.jpg

S4010006-1.jpg

Any help would be great. Between these guys all week and my junk I had to (and still am) dealing with from yesterday, any help w/out having to go to the vet would be great. Thanks. :?

Ok, I just cleaned it with water and cotton ball. It looks like a minor nip and not a deep bite. However it's kinda inside the anus. I think Drizzle was humping his face (and I was worried we'd have another Zeke incident), but it's not too bad. Will this possibly make it harder for him to poop? We wouldn't want that!

This week sucks. :grumpy:

This isn't a wound that needs flushing- peroxide will impede healing.

Use a tiny amount of triple antibiotic ointment.

Do you have any idea what the cause is? (Prolapse, bacterial infection from sticky feces, vent disease, parasites?) If vent disease is suspected, injectable antibiotics may be needed - a de-wormer would be needed if worms are the cause.

If this problem persists, you'll need to have the vet take a look.

Pam

Now I just saw that the title indicated it's a bite wound ;) Use a little antibiotic ointment - it'll be fine.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Now I just saw that the title indicated it's a bite wound ;) Use a little antibiotic ointment - it'll be fine.

Pam
Phew. :embarrassed:Ok. :breathe lauren:Sorry that I responded to quickly. It's just been crazy here! I have Triple Antibiotic Ointment that has bacitracin, neomycin, and polymyxin B in it. The tube says "Compare to active ingredients in neosporin." That should be fine right? I remember something said about the medicated one being bad correct?

lalena2148 wrote:

Phew. :embarrassed:Ok. :breathe lauren:Sorry that I responded to quickly. It's just been crazy here! I have Triple Antibiotic Ointment that has bacitracin, neomycin, and polymyxin B in it. The tube says "Compare to active ingredients in neosporin." That should be fine right? I remember something said about the medicated one being bad correct?

You don't need one that contains an analgesic for pain - just the antibiotic ointment (yes - the one that is comparable to neosporin is fine).

Pam

So glad to see it's a minor injury. We've dealt with bites in the pelvic region that have not been so simple.

You have had one heck of a week, I know. Take a deep breath and remind yourself that not every week is like this. We are all here for you! Hope that your household is healthy and going strong real soon.

~Mary Ellen

Latest posts

Back