Kits eyes sealed shut in morning

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monte

Reaction score
Kit is 2 weeks old and the last two mornings I had to rub a warm wet cloth across eyes for the little one to open. Is there something going on????

The baby may have an eye infection. It can be quite common for babies to develope eye infections at this age, it's commonly called "nestbox eye".

I would say take the little one to the vet to be sure. You should probably get an eye ointment to help clear it up.

--Dawn

I would try a drop of Neosporin in each eye after you get them open and again in the evening. (Plain neosporin, not the ointment with pain killer). If no improvement is seen in a day or so, I'd have the vet check the eye to make sure there is no infection or corneal damage.

If the babies are in a fairly warm enviroment and they are coming out of

the nestbox I would take it away and give them something to sit and sleep on.

At the very least I would do a complete cleaning of the nestbox with fresh

bedding for them to sleep in.

Roger

Thanks for the information will try the neosporin first and see if that works, there not that bad just in the morning the poor thing cant open its eyes.

they were good yesterday morning but this morning I had to put a warm wet rag on them to open. So, we have a friend that is a vet and he is bringing over some eye drops trecy something and that should clear the infection. Thanks for asking....

Latest posts

Back