Kindling Rabbit Webcam!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ppanther

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm new to this forum but I've just setup a webcam for my partners rabbit, Galaxia Pandora, who is due to givebirth in the next 24 hours!

http://bunnycam.ragajac.com.au/index.php

It's night time at the moment and as we don't want to disturb her weare using a very small low intensity usb light to light her hutch - soit can be a little difficult to see her when she hops into the darkercorners of the cage.

She has started pulling her chest/belly hair out and has startedconstruction of her nest. Take a look at the archive linked on thatpage (once its been going for a while) so see a time lapse of hercreating her nest and finally giving birth :)

Hope you all enjoy watching as much as we are!

-Adam and Amy

lol I thought they were called Kittens? Or maybe its just kitts? Ohwell baby rabbits then ;)
There are at least 5 of them in there (I think there is actually 6 -but as they are hidden under the fluff we cant tell), extremely cute.They are dwarf lops, Pandora is a solid black doe, and Samson (thebuck) is a seal point boy.

I've currently repositioned the webcam to point at the aquarium for thenight as she was getting a little restless with the lid of her hutchbeing kept open for the camera to point in. I shall put it back in inthe morning though (approx 10 hours from now). If i can find somethingto mount the camera correctly I will hopefully be able to position itcloser to the actual nest so that you can see the little ones wrigglingabout :)

Cheers and thanks for the comments :)
-Adam and Amy

I look foward to seeing the little ones. Maybelater you can post some actual pictures. Having the webcam in her cageis very creative! Nice idea.

Lissa

BTW- Baby rabbits are called Kits. ;)

LOL...I was wondering why I was looking at anaquatic scene! What a great idea, to have a webcam on the mom andbabies...should be quite interesting to see them progress. Thanks forsharing your new family!

Oh, and I think you were correct the first time when you called thebabies 'kittens'. I believe most people call babyrabbitskits, but it is simply a shortened term for the word'kitten', whichis what baby rabbits are 'officially' called.(Personally, I just think they're loveable,adorable littlefuzzies...;))

Bassetluv wrote:
Oh, and I think you were correct the first time when youcalled the babies 'kittens'. I believe most people call babyrabbitskits, but it is simply a shortened term for the word'kitten', whichis what baby rabbits are 'officially' called.(Personally, I just think they're loveable,adorable littlefuzzies...;) )

You're probably correct about that. Ibetitgotshortened becausebreeders got sick of the funnylooks they'd geteverytime theysaid theirrabbitwas expecting kittens :shock:.So when I hear"kits"I automatically think ofcute,little,wiggling, baby bunnies! (And I've probably got RabbitsOnly to thank for that!)

Lissa

Ibetitgotshortened becausebreeders got sick of the funnylooks they'd geteverytime theysaid theirrabbitwas expecting kittens :shock:
LOL! I never thought of that, butI wouldn't doubt it one bit! :tongue

Hi again all!

I've repositioned the webcam, its now hanging from the roof of thehutch pointing straight at the nest which is providing a direct look atthe kittens :) They are all extremely cute - and as far as I've managedto count without disturbing the nest too much there are 8 so it is arather large litter!

Anyway you should be able to see them wriggling about and on occasiondora hopping over to give them a cuddle. Hope you all enjoy!

I've attached an example pic of what is currently on cam to this post incase you only get to see during lights out...

cheers,

Adam

These guys are just too adorable! I captured a couple of the images:

babies.jpg

babies2.jpg

Oh, I miss having babies around! Can't wait to see these littleguyswith their eyes open and coats filling in...thanks somuch for sharing with us! :)

They are so adorable :) I did some cleaningaround the hutch today (much to Doras delight - she loves the lucernewe put in there with her), and counted them... 9!!! I thought dwarflops were only supposed to have litters of 4?

Anyway Samson (buck) is a seal point boy, Dora is a solid black. Frominitial inspection of the nine, we have two with greyish coats, threewith black, and four pink ones. They dont really have coats yet so itsa little difficult to determine what colours that will produce, butgives us a general idea. They still havent opened their eyes yet butthey hop around in the nest all night long :)

If i can find the decent digital camera when I get home (we are out forthe weekend) rather than just the webcam I will try and take some highresolution shots to share :) We are going to leave the webcam on atleast over the next few weeks and possibly over a few months to watchthem develop if there is enough intrest for us to keep it going (thecam needs to be reset whenever dora knocks it!). We have set up a largestud pen (we also breed Ragdoll Kittens - the feline version lol) forthem once they get bigger, which will give them a decent area to hoparound in until they are big enough to be homed!

Also, this is the first litter we have had and we would lovesuggestions for names, especially based on your observations on cam. Wehave a few sites with names but we thought it would be nice to let someof the visitors pick names for them :bunnydance:

Anyway, Thanks for all the comments!

Adam and Amy

Latest posts

Back