juz to share

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paMbitz

Reaction score
my rabbit used to haf a stained tail..very dirtyunderneath. i noticed she had to strain when urinating.. and whenmedication for urinary tract infection din work she went for an x rayand to my horror dere was actually a dead and decomposed foetusinside.. turned out tt her pelvis wos too small and e baby was stuck..e doc said a surgery had to be done and 30% she might not wake up frm eanesthesia .. bud i had no choice bud to get on wif it. that 1+ hourwas e longest i went through..bud thank god my rabbit did survive andis in fact really healthy and happy now. im so thankful tt she's stillby my side and nowi realli treasure and take great careofher! :D...so pls do treasure ur rabbits..i wastoo careless by letting my neighbour's rabbit play wif her..he was juza baby so i tot it was ok bud turned out it nearly cost my rabbit'slife..

ps: i haf e photos ofe foetus and by rabbit after e surgery..still knocked out frmanesthesia.. will try to post it soon.. causemy com is slowso now usingdad's labtop..;)

Thank goodness she's ok!!!!! Retaininga fetus is not uncommon and I highly recommend that new breeders learnhow to palpate, so they can determine whether or not the doe hasretained a fetus. There are times when the doe retains andexhibits no obvious symptoms.

Pam

ty! well the first time i brought her to e vet,she helped my rabbitpalpate but could not feel any babies orstones which was wad we tot of at first...e x ray was scary.. couldsee tt long spine of e foetus.. pooooooo...cant stand myrabbit...soooo cute...... lying on e third platform of her cage....haha.....:dude:

Latest posts

Back