Just Worried...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biankachu

Reaction score
BanditLee has been having really dark droppings. They are still round and firm, but its so dark or sometimes smaller than normal.

She is still as active and playful as usual. She urinates normally too. but still...

Any suggestions on how to get her poop looking normal? Whats wrong?

just make sure the diet is 70% fiber,ie timothy/orchard grass,,in the hay bin and poopbox,,quality lowfat pellets-(one oz. per # of bun-daily),lots of water,and,things to chew on,like fruit tree branches/twigs/good for the teeth and gi-tract,..the color of day poop is just from her diet,,main thing is that the night poops get eaten,,this is crucial for the bacteria balance in the gut-(gi tract),,sincerely james waller

What is your bunny's diet at the moment? Is she eating much hay? How much water is she drinking?

I find the more hay that my bunnies eat, the lighter and larger my bunnies poops are. And also, the more water they drink, the darker their poops get.

Also, how old is she?

--Dawn

I have heard of dark, small poos being an early indicator of the gut slowing down, leading to stasis. Keep an eye on it, and increase the amount of hay in the diet if you can. Reducing pellets (gradually) and other foods can increase the amount of hay they eat.

you can also add a small amount of apple juice to the water bowl to increase water consumption. I have done this to two of my ""Non-drinkers " and now they lap the bowls dry....
Might also want to give some bene-bac.

Make sure to brush your bun if he is shedding... ..
you are probably nipping a potential problems in the bud...

Can you get canned pumpkin over there? That will provide wet fiber, it's great for their digestion.

You can also temp her with different kinds of hay or grasses.

sas :bunnydance:

Yeah, canned pumpkin is great. When I worry about stress or hair ingestion leading to funny poos, I leave out a dish of canned pumpkin and Bene-Bac. They love it and it gets their insides working right!

Latest posts

Back