Just REALLY curious...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emilyasb

Reaction score
When I was about 10, I had this bunny named Cinnamon. I don't remember exactly what happened, but bare with me.

I remember that one day Cinnamon was healthy and happy, then he started to have loose stools. like, 2 days later he was just kind of laying in his cage, so I picked him up, crying, and went to my room. My mom came in there with my brother and told me to leave since I was hysterical. I remember going to the outside to my bedroom window to watch. I remember seeing my mom with a bowl of water and a suringe trying to give him water, and then he all of a sudden started kicking violently, and it looked as if he was lifeless in his eyes. He kicked like this for several minutes and then he finally died.

Was he having a seizure or a stroke? I'm just really curious as to what happened.

We've thought all this time that he possibly chewed on some electrical wires and was suffering from shock.

Any ideas? Thanks!

he probably had a condition called bacterial enteritits which causes diarrhea . The bunny eventually becomess dehydrated and dies. usually theGitract has no good bacteria left ; I doubt that it was a seizure or an electrical shock..just a sad ending while your mom was trying to help him. :(

Yeah, I remember taking it soo hard too, I thinkmy mom even cried, which she rarely does.

Hey, you got some cute bun buns on your avatar, can I see a bigger pic of them?

Depending upon what they die of (and how sick they are, etc) - the kicking violently is part of the death process....a reflex...

100_1225Large.jpg
100_1961Medium.jpg
emilyasb wrote:
Yeah, I remember taking it soo hard too, I thinkmy mom even cried, which she rarely does.

Hey, you got some cute bun buns on your avatar, can I see a bigger pic of them?
100_1218LargeMedium.jpg

Thank you !!!

I just adopted them last August.

I also realized that the pics were too big for this screen.
I just posted my new magpie harliequin in the general forum ; her name is Gloria and she is a little older.

Latest posts

Back