Just a small query.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kez-bunniemom

Reaction score
Hey :) I'm new so will write a little about myself.
I have 3 fully grown dwarf lop rabbits- Honey (The mom) Bob (Dad) and Cadbury (Daughter). I live in Scotland, St andrews to be precise and my rabbits live outside in my heated summerhouse. I also breed birds: Canarys, Budgie, Finches and Java sparrows.
I am relatively new to breeding rabbits but have had 4 successful litters over the past year and a half.
I breed mainly for pleasure- i just love looking after the bunnies and my local pet shop buys from me so rehoming is not a problem. (I have considered this pet shop very hard and have noticed that they are exeptional at vetting potential customers)

The dad- Bob- is a beautiful black and white spotted lop and his 'wife' Honey is a grey but with a fawn pedigree background.
The two of them produce adorable mixtures of fawn spotted, grey spotted and black spotted with the odd solid grey and black.

Anyway, i could talk about them all for ages but will get to the point:
I would love to start breeding from more than just Honey but the only other female i have is Cadbury who is Bob's daughter. Will the fact that Bob is her dad interfere with future bunnie genetics? I have read horror storys of mutations becuase of family inbreeding and would like to hear what other have to say on the subject.

:hello And : welcome to the forum!

Take some time to look through the forum, there's lots of info here that is sure to help you ;)

In the mean time, this thread Do you line breed? (it's linked for you) basically covers your question along with some great explanations as well as what to expect from certain crosses.

We're here to help you with any questions you may have.

~Sunshine

Hi Kez, didn't notice you earlier, sorry! Hope you got everything straightened out to your liking. :)

Welcome to Rabbits Only!

RO Staff :welcome:

:group:

Well,i'll leave it at that for tonight.
(I live in Scotland where it is 9:01pm. Is this an international forum?)

I apologise for the slight spamming with all the 'tests' and things, i promise i don't do that all the time :) My avatar is still Cocoa the bunnie but from a different angle, she was being so good during the photo shoot we took loads.
I name all of my bunnies, it's fun.
So far they are:
Rolo
Cadbury
Fudge
Toffee
Jelly
Bob jr
Galaxy
Dime
Chocolate
Marshmallow
Licorice
Mocha
Cocoa
Twix and cookie.

They all went to new homes except Cadbury. I've only had two deaths,Galaxy died at her new home :sosad. She had a problem with her digestive system.
Poor fudgie died of heatstroke when his new owners left him beside a radiator on full power then went out for the day :growl: I was so angry at them i could have wrung their evil neglecting necks. Well anyway,thank you all for being so hospitible and thanks for the links,they were really helpful.

Yet another test

wlwzup.jpg

I'm guessing this is a picture test? Could you make your picture smaller?  It's taking forever to load, and this computer usually isn't that slow.  You might be able to resize it on your computer.  I usually take mine down to 500x500 pixels or smaller.  Or you can load them up on tinypic.com or photobucket and let them resize it for you.:)

LOL!  Tinypic does get random about the size sometimes.  If that's with Tinypic, you may as well keep using it.  I can see the pic on my home computer, and man is that baby cute!

I have had two bunnies in all my litters with the symmetrical 'milk-dipped' ears, i love how identical the little white bit is on each ear!
When we got our doe, Honey, i had no idea what her background was- she is a smokey fawn. When she and Bob produced these adorable fawn spotted babies i was esctatic!
I have posted more pictures on the thread 'Umm.....kinda scared....'
I don't want to take up tons of room on here so please feel free to 'awww' all over them over there :)
You have no idea how proud i am to have such adorable babies.:bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back