Jersey Wooley's

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meganc731

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Does anyone have some good links about Jersey Wooley rabbits? (orWooly?) Grooming care, size, personality, and colors are allthings I'm interested in.

Thanks a bunch,

Megan

Here's a good start about info on the Wooly (their national club link) http://www.njwrc.net/

The Jersey Wooly has the easiest coat to care for of all the wooled breeds due to the predominant guard hairs in their coat.

The broken variety was accepted this past February.

Pam

My daughter raised Jersey woolies and therepersonalities are wonderful.Good woolie coats only needed brushed oncea month.Do not keep them on shavings it sticks in their wool.bluebird

Thanks, I'm about to look at those sites. Justwondering however, can the wool be harvested and spun? I'm not lookingfor high qaulity or anything I just like to save stuff :D The one thatis available is possibly a Jersey Wooly crossed with Angora (probablyenglish angora). Her owner says thatthe bun hassome hair on her ears, kind of like Mr. Wiggles, but not nearly asmuch.From the picture it looks mostly white with black/greyshadings on her eyes and nose. Her personality sounds a lot like ourMr. Wiggles. Right now I'm checking out the prices to get her spayed.That will be our determining factor.

Megan

The wool would be much harder to spin becauseit's short and has a predominance of the straight guard hairs, and lessof the crimped underwool. We did have a Jersey Wooly with acoat similar to the English Angora -- improper for the Jersey Wooly,but better for spinning.

Pam

Back