Jasmine hasn't pee'd or drank much in 24 hours(we have pee!)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spring

Reaction score
My new girl, Jasmine hasn't drank much or pee'd since she came home, and it's worrying me. She's still warming up to her environment, but I expected her to be drinking by now.

She's eaten a baby carrot, some romaine lettuce leafs (both yesterday and this morning), a slice of appleand a bit of celery. There's parsley andspinach in her cage now, but I'm not sure if she's eaten them yet. Her appetite is great, she eats all the pellets I have available for her, and has nibbled on hay since coming here. I'm trying to keep her eating veggies so she doesn't dehydrate.

I've tried luke-warm and cool water in a bowl, luke warm and cool water in a shallow bowl, and a water bottle, but she just won't drink.

I'm thinking I should maybe syringe her some warm water maybe, but I don't want to stress her out. I have pedialyte from May when Bruno had his diarrhea that I might give her if it's still good, not sure.

I'll see if I can push some wet veggies her way, then start syringing he some water. I think I might have to bring her in for some Sub-q, don't want her to get dehydrated, but I don't want to stress her out if she's just adjusting:?.

Thanks.

I know at the Van SPCA, we have them on bowls - so if the new owners want a water bottle, we have to suggest using a bowl or water as well as a bottle, because the buns usually don't figure it out at first.

Wait - did you get the certificate for a free vet check from the vet of your choice? Use it quickly, as you only have it for three days!

-April

Wet veges are great, soak them in loads of water, that's a good start.

What about something like offering her the pedialyte in a bowl or bottle, and maybe apple juice? It might be something simple like your water tastes very different from what she is used to.

Try to stay calm around her too :)

Its great she is eating, that is your way into getting her hydrated :)

I would've typed in the same thing others did, so I'll just keep praying for your girl and keep tabs on this thread. :hearts :pray:

Hmm.. I am stumped!

I syringed her a few cc's of pedialtye just to make sure she keeps hydrated (was only a tiny bit, maybe 4cc's because I was only working with a little tiny 1cc syringe). Weird thing is, she eats all the veggies I give her without a problem, and still no urine :?. Her belly seems normal, not bloated or anything. She seems quite shy, but not in pain or lethargic. She's very cuddly and seems curious. I might move the bed and see ifshe could have peed under there, but I'm not sure, she was only there for a bit. I can't see her going 27 hours now and not peeing, even though she's getting fluid from veggies, unless she peed somewhere that never showed up, which I don't think so. I'm going to go around my room and check with my hands and nose to see if I can find any trace of her peeing.

My mom thinks that she could be depressed and wanting to be near other bunnies, and that might make her pee, but I'm not sure. I want to be positive she's healthy, but this no peeing thing worries me. She's in a pet store cage, so I'm thinking maybe she feels it's too small for her to pee in? She's pooping a lot in there, and eating in there, I'm just not sure.

Could she have bladder stones or sludge not letting her pee? She doesn't seem uncomfortable or in pain, just shy, quiet and curious. She still has her appetite and friendly nature too.

First off, Im going to have to do some catching up since I didnt know you brought home another!

I think its good shes eating veggies that have water in them, but remember not to give her too many different veggies all at once in case she hasnt had them before. I would stick with a few veggies and soak them in water for now.

Its good she has a bowl and a bottle to chose from.

One thing thats coming to my mind is that she just might be nervous. Have you been fussing over her a lot? I would keep her in a quiet place and give her some alone time. Maybe cover half her cage with a towel or blanket. She sounds nervous to me.

If theres nothing by tomorrow a vet check may be in order..

YAYY!!! GO JAZZY!!!

My bunnies do the Happy Peeing Bunny Dance...

:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

She just wanted to make sure it was ok to leave a big nice wet spot and lots of poos for you!

YAY!!!!

Now, we want more pictures....... no - not of the litterbox! Of Jazzy!!!

note: When I type, I sort of "talk it out" or read it in my head.... and I call the other Jazzy - Jazz or Jazzy...... for some reason this Jazzy is more "JazzAAAA" in my head.......

:p

Spring wrote:

I'm happy to report that Jasmine left a litterbox with a nice big wet spot of pee and lots of poop.. way to go Jazzy!

Yayyyy for Jazzy - I'm glad to hear she's doing great =]

Back