Jade droppins

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cher

Reaction score
I have noticed every now and then Jade will leaveparticularly nasty peppercorns, (although realistically they are aboutdouble the size of macadamia nuts gone terribly awry in some freakengineering lab) when the girls are out. They are notcentropes(sp?) and they have a sheen to them ??? They arefully supervised and the only thing that escapes me sometimes is theblack wall trim (hence the sheen) and even then I usually catch her andcan retrieve it before it is digested.

My question is why do these MONSTROUS smellies only come out when shecomes out? LOL she never does them in her box in the cage, and to bootits her litter box (not Jezebel's since it is bolted down) that is usedwhen they areout! Cher

Cher, wow! :shock: That's a stumper!!!

Hopefully one of the experts here will come along and address this.

But for now, I feel your pain... ;)

Are they just very dark and fresh? Could it be that in her box, you'renot seeing them as 'fresh' as they are except for when she's out of thebox? Do they look odd (coloring wise) from all the other peppercorns orare they just bigger and darker?

(That's a great icon of the guy getting thrown into the wall.)

-Carolyn

Poops could only "change" from somethingingested. The poops exiting when she is out probably hasabout four hours lead time, so that would preclude something eatenWHILE she is outside.

I note different "sheens" at time on poops, but attribute it to thehay, treats, or greens the buns may have been given. I notewhen carboard is eaten, the poops have a more crumbly consistency and alighter color. Could bun be eating paper, carboard, wood, orlitter; which could help account for changes in texture and/or color?

Buck

This is what I dont understand, since I "root"around in the litter box almost twice a day (ewwwwww, I know) it isntthe fresh vs old raisins. They are HUGE, and two days ago-had a veryslight greenish cast to them with what looked to be a glueish likesubstance coating them-almost like a sausage casingon them(sorry for such a descriptive post) Since then I have been keeping evenmore of an eye on her and her nibbing.

Nothing really weird yesterday or this morning, so it had to besomething she digested but ????? Thank you about the 4 hour lead timeBuck, that really helps me analyze the situation! Idefinitely know when she has had a cardboard buffetfest!

Latest posts

Back