Jacks story page 3

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erica

Reaction score
ok, so hes been inhis newclean enviroment for 2 months,and im happy to say, that hisleft eye has been clean and dry for the first time ever since we gothim. ive never seen him without the eye gunk, and hes actually quite agood looking bunny. the eye cleared up immediatly after moving him ontodifferent bedding.

he still had the nasal issue tho. It didnt seem to be getting anybetter, but the eye was great. so i decide, if hes not better within 2weeks, that was it. he was going to the vet. he has been to the vet,dont start yelling at me, he had an emergency visit about3months ago with this tooth he had growing up into his upperlip and cutting him he couldnt barely eat, but while i was there at thevet,of course at that time i was in between cleanings, and hewasnt nasally yet, so i forgot to mention it. But I did have to makeanother tooth cutting appointment, and so I said if he wasnt better in2 weeks, he was going in. Well, his tooth appointment was today, and imhappy to say, that for the past 2 or 3 weeks, no sneezing,and I will also add that hes no longer making the sputteringsound. I missed his tooth appointment, but rescheduled it for saturday.I will ask her to see if she thinks hes sick while iM there, just tobeon the safe side.

so i would like to take this oppurtunity to thank everyone for postingall the great posts, and letting me take care of my Jack and get himhealthy without the help of an $$$$ vet visit. He looks GREAT!!!!!!!and sounds wonderful. No more sinuses!!!

Thanks all!!! and as soon as i figure out how to send an attachemnt, Ill let you all see how gorgouse he is!!!

Fran (erica is my daughter)

Glad to hear he's better. You can alsocall the vet and see what they think. My mom works for a vetand I never bring my piggies or rabbits in. (just got therabbits) I call and explain the problem and if it's something easy theytell me how to fix. Or I get on here or comfycavies. Usually it's something simple I can clear up on myown. There is also a new litter out. I saw it atthe local pet store here. Looks like pellet food.But it's litter. You may want to ask your vet about thattoo. It's a lot cleaner and doesn't stink.

My Fenwick has similar symptoms, and I havetentatively narrowed it down to pollen/grass allergy as it changes withthe weather. He has it on and off for about 2 years now. I alwayswondered why he got so bad in the winter--hay in the box!!!

Plus it JUST dawned on me that last winter he also had cedar chips under the hay! Whoa, double whammy! Poor guy.

He has good days and bad days, sniffle-wise--today was a good day. He's otherwise healthy and energetic.

Rose

Warmest Welcome, Erica and Fran. :dude:

*Phew!* My heart was on pause through those pages.

I'm so glad you had the wherewithall to get on the internet and checkout the symptoms. Also, I'm overjoyed that Jack's doing better.

There is a product called VetRx. It's only about $10 and it can help to relieve sneezing. It's made for rabbits.

I'm thrilled you found out that it was the cedar bedding. I wish thedogarned stores wouldn't put a picture of a rabbit on the front ofthose bags! :X

Glad you found us and were able to save Jack.

-Carolyn

Welcome here and glad you finally posted, I saw Jack's picture, he's beautiful :D

That story had me on the edge of my seat following it in three partslike that. Im so glad you seem to have sorted the problem and it's ahappy ending. Fingers crossed there's nothing wrong on Saturday. :)

Kate

Carolyn wrote:
There is a product called VetRx. It's only about $10 and it can help to relieve sneezing. It's made for rabbits.

Really? Believe it or not, I haven't heard that mentioned! Where do you get it--maybe it would help Fen?

Rose

Latest posts

Back