Jacks story...page 2

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erica

Reaction score
so anyway, where i left off......crusty gross eye.

We are still dealing with the eye issue, and im not a rich woman, sothe vet thing, you know. Im trying to fix this on my own i guess. So imdealing with just a cloth and he loves to get his eye cleaned up. But inotice now that he seems to sound like he needs to blow his nose.Sounds like hes got a stopped up nose. Hmmmmmmm.

So I get a bright light bulb idea and think, hey how bout the internet.So i poke around and stumble on this site. I guess about a month and ahalf ago. I never wrote a message, just got into reading all the coolposts. I dont really come up with any solutions for the eye thing, buti did learn that respiratory illness can kill a rabbit, but like i saidhe didnt act sick. So a few weeks pass, and im still reading posts,meanwhile his symptoms begin to get worse. he started tosneeze. he sounded horrible in mornings. Kinda like how I feel andsound in mornings during sinus season. After he got awake and ran abouthe would sound better., you know, hes making this popcornkinda sound, or sorta like a coffee pot when its about done and makesthat sputtering sorta sound. And hes still sneezing. all info i get istake to vet, well im not convinced yet at this point to run him to vetand pay 100s of $$$, you know?

Then...wow...all of a sudden i read about how cedar chips cause therespiratory deal. Wow. good to know. gosh, for a year!!!!!!! hes beenlaying in cedar chips!!!!! We run right out to store, get some otherkind of stuff.Aspen wood. for lack of anything else to choosefrom, so we bought it. Cleaned up his cage, filled it with the newbedding.

I decide no more greens from the grocery and now hes down to justpellets only. And told the family....STRICT rules...no more junk foodfor the rabbit. he was getting to be worse than the dogs with thebegging!!!!!! You should see him come after you when you have a box ofCheezits.........

To be coninued.......

Latest posts

Back