Ivory has Diharrea

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivory

Reaction score
This morning after I woke up, I noticed that there were big splotches off poo puddles on the floor. I figured it was Erik but after a butt-examination it turned out to be Ivory.

She is eating, drinking, and acting fine. I did notice that she ate more greens that typical last night- so I'm think that's probably what's causing her to get so runny. But I'm worried.

She *is* a bit gassy, I'm going to dose her with some simethecone in a bit. I'm scared of doing it, frankly, because we all know Ivory's personality. Trust is not her strong point, and she's going crazy after the small amount of manhandling I had to do this morning to look at her bum. I'm probably going to start her on some Albon to help purge her out, if that's a problem.

I'm going clean their cage at this very moment.

I *don't* think that this is an ongoing problem but it needs to be addressed.

Any other advice and/or thoughts are appreciated, lol.

I don't have any advice, but I hope the diarrhea goes away quickly and painlessly and she's back to her normal self soon!

Haha Oh, she's acting plenty normal. Grunting, snorting, being tempermental towards me since I had to flip her over to look at her butt.

But thank you- I hope that it goes away quickly without any other complications.

You could also see if she'll take a bit of canned pumpkin to help her poops be more firm.

I was shocked at how quickly pumpkin worked the first time I used it.

Peg

I'll see if they like it. Maybe I can mix the Albon in with the pumpkin. I normally mix it in the Karo syrup, and when Erik was on Laxatone she would lick it off of him because she liked it so much...

Hhhhhrrrmmmmm.

Well i definitely cannot tell you anything you don't already know so I will just send my love and hugs your way to share with Ivory. :):rose:

I do not have any advice to offer, but I too hope her diarrhea goes away quickly and she is back to normal right away!

What is Albon?

Not sure the pumpkin is sweet enough to "disguise" the taste of the Albon. Most of them find it quite nasty tasting. But if you put a little Kyro syrup with in the pumpkin, bet she inhales it!

(Momofmany, Albon is sulfadimethoxine, used to treat coccidiosis.)

Hope Ivory isfeeling better...at least you don't have to worry about a personality change! LOL!

Albon is also good for helping purge out their guts.

Personally I think she pigged out too much on greens, and that was her problem.

She and Erik are being fed separately. Erik is eating his greens in the pen, she is outside of the pen. I gave her some dry pellets instead of the greens so she doesn't get hungry.

WHEW. Ivory just left a nice big pile of round, normal pellets in her litterbox. Her bum is still slightly dirty, but she seems to be grooming it off well, so I don't think a butt-bath is in order.

I did manage to get her to calm down for some petting, pushed against my side, until a clap of thunder ruined the tentative moment, but it was still some petting, lol.

I hadn't given her any Albon quite yet- it wasn't warranted. If this had gone into tomorrow, I would have given her some, with some pumpkin and Karo syrup mixed in.

I fed her and Erik separately tonight, so she didn't get any greens. She's on a mostly-hay-some-pellet diet right now. I may give her a few greens tomorrow, but not much.

She just over ate, is all.

Silly Girl! Pigging out on her greens! Glad she's better today! :biggrin2:

Vitamin E can be very helpful in treating GI inflammation (or give some Nutri Cal, which contains vitamin E.)

Pam

Pam, that's a great idea! Ivory LOVES Nutri-Cal (the malt flavored one, not the liver haha.) Thanks for the advice!

I think that I will give her a bit. While her poops have been pretty much normal, and the irritation around her bum has gone down, they were still *slightly* wetter than normal, and she's still slightly irritated around the bum. I will check her when I get home, and Dad is taking care of them over the weekend so we're gonna check then.

Other than that she seems to be fine.

Well, You know, Ivory, if you wouldn't starve her so much that she's just fur and bones........ Maybe she wouldn't be such a piggy girl.

;):D

Latest posts

Back