Issue with new cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD

Reaction score
I've had my rabbit for a few months, and she's been in a flat bottom cage. My family got me a present of getting her a cage like this: http://www.petworldshop.com/pictures/premium-rabbit-hutch.jpg

She appears to like it, but the only issue is that she's been in there for about 12 hours now, and hasn't gone to the bathroom. I had put newspaper and shavings in the bottom tray, and even put a tiny bit of her litter from the old cage in one corner to try to get her used to her own smell. Still, to no avail. Is the open bottomness of the cage throwing her off? Should I worry, or is it just a change to her she has to get used to? Thanks :)

AS I understand, this is the first time she's been in there,right ? So give her time. She needs time to get used to her new cage. When I changed the cage for my girl, she also took some time to get used to her new litter box area and everything. Give her time. She will come around :) The hutch looks nice !
Oh you mean she didn't go to the open- bottom area ? The metal bottom might cause bunny broken nails or foot damage. It's just my opinion though. I read about it so I prefer giving my bunny another type of floor.

Latest posts

Back