Is this normal?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haley

Reaction score
Okay poop experts ;)I need your help.

After reading up on how to improve my rabbits' diets, I decided to cut back their pellets to 1/2 a cup a day and increase their veggies to about 2 cups a day. They of course have unlimited hay and water.

Ive been doing this all week. It looks like both of them have very light colored poop all of a sudden. One of them had a lot of it strung together. Is this normal for this type of diet change?

( I should note that they were getting unlimited pellets and only about 1/2 cup veggies per day).

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

-Haley, Basil:rabbithop, Max :dutchand Tumnus:bunnybutt:

The lighter poop would be normal when the timothy hay has been increased. The poop is probably stringing together due to hair in the droppings.

Pam

hmm. Thanks Pam.

The hay hasnt been increased..Im just putting the same amount in their box and keeping it full, as usual. But maybe they are eating more of the hay because I reduced the pellets. I wouldnt really notice since I dont really monitor how much hay, I just keep it full.

I guess I will have to brush them more! I know Max is shedding pretty bad this week. I'll keep an eye on the poops. Hopefully they get back to normal soon:pray:

Latest posts

Back