is this a good sized cage for 2 rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodie_ox

Reaction score
hi, i've been searching the internet for a good sized rabbit cage but they are so expensive, so i've turned to dog cages

would a 21"x30"x24" (large dog cage) be a good cage for 2 small rabbits (lionhed/mini lops)

Thanks

Jodie

You can create one of the NIC cages for probably cheaper than the dog crate or look on craigslist.

No, it's not. One rabbit should have 48"x24"x24" minimum so that's not nearly large enough. You need something larger than 48"x24"x24" for two rabbits, even if they're small.

ETA: Your best bet would be to make an NIC cage, or just buy a puppy play pen (or xpen). Xpens are generally 48"x48" and are very easy to set up, take down, and move around. I love using them.

Yeah i agree thats not very big for two rabbits, i had a 48"x24"x24" one (I think extra large?) and i moved her into an xpen that is 48"x48" and she is just one small rabbit (3lbs) She also has an NIC cage that is 4grids by 2grids

what does NIC mean?
do you know where i can buy the grids from?

Thanks
Jodie

jodie_ox wrote:
hi, i've been searching the internet for a good sized rabbit cage but they are so expensive, so i've turned to dog cages

would a 21"x30"x24" (large dog cage) be a good cage for 2 small rabbits (lionhed/mini lops)

Thanks

Jodie

It's not bad to start if 30"long and they get to play out. Youmay eventuallywant 2 cages anyway. For example if you can't let them out but you want them in another room with you. It's easier not to have to move a large cage.

If you expect them to live mostly in a cage then you want a large cage.

Latest posts

Back