Is there anyway to encourage rabbits to play with toys?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XxMontanaxX

Reaction score
Macey won't throw, she won't toss, she won't roll balls, she won't dig, she won't chew, she won't shred, and in her play pen, she won't run around, she just sits there. But when she's in the yard, she'll run, but tries to go in the neighbors yard or in the woods...so yeah, can't have that!

So is there anyway I can get her to like toys better? Surely there is something this rabbit will like. :dunno

Haha, wow. I guess try putting a scent on her toys. A crasien scent perhaps?:p See what she does with that. Let us know too.;)

Get her a grassy mat, she what she does with it.

Put hay in a toilet roll too, this is magical sometimes.:D

Give her craisens as a treat, get her to try to come up to you.:)

With the toys you give her, let her get used to them. Then come and try to play with her, hee, might be fun.;)

Good Luck!

How old is Macey again?

I can tell you that when each of my buns were younger, they didn't play much, but now that they're all over a year old, they've really gotten the hang of the fun!

Is she under a year in age?

She is over one year...probably one year and about 5 months.

She loooves craisins. She'll come to me in the play pen, but once she's in the yard, she's hopeless. She looks like a bunny on a mission or something.

I tried giving her a plain toilet roll a couple days ago, she sniffed it and went on her merry way.

If I give Rose a plain cardboard tube, she'll throw it once and then ignore it.

Try getting the toilet roll tube, fold over one end, put a couple of raisins inside and fold the other end over. Let her get a sniff of it, and then let her at it! Works great for Rose, she'll throw the thing around, push it around the floor and rip at it for ages - even when it's empty because it still smells like food.

Have you tried giving her a box full of newspaper? And then maybe some pieces crumpled up with a craisin inside?

How about a yellow pages book?

Just throwing out toy ideas...:D

they sell balls that are for ferrets, and there like cat balls but no bell, instead it opens on the equator, and you can put trats in it, my buns will chase it for hours!

and of cours tp tube filled with hey...

AND PINE CONES!!!!!

camis favorite!

unsented and untreaded.

Latest posts

Back