Is Savannah building a NEST?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PixieStixxxx

Reaction score
As of Tuesday, Savannah has been living with Spank. Now Spank was neutered exactly two years ago - he lost interest in humping, stopped spraying, and stopped being nasty. And he got really sick after - so I'm pretty sure he was neutered.

Savannah and Spank have been playing with each for a few weeks now while living in separate areas, and as of this morning - she started to build a nest! She's been pulling out Spank's fur and using it. She's been collecting hay and newspapers. But she doesn't look any bigger.

The only unneutered male in the house is Royce, and Royce used to live in a cage in top of a table. There was no way he and Savannah could have ever gotten to reach other. When Savannah moved out of her NIC cage and into the bedroom, Royce was placed in there.

Oh jeez.. I'm really hoping she's just having a false pregnancy..

I agree that it is most likely a false pregnancy.

My eight year old girl likes to build nests every couple of months. She just decide that the hay in the hay bin just has to be made into an extravagent nest. She's unspayed and lives with her spayed daughter. All other rabbits are spayed and neuter, so absolutely no chance of pregnancy, yet she nests anyways.

If the nest gets destroyed with in the next day or so, you'll know it's a false pregnancy. If you find a pile of fur with little babies in it, you'll know that she somehow got pregant. Although I highly doubt it, you have done a good job at making sure she didn't come in contact with an intact male.

--Dawn

Lolz I know! I've been talking to the woman who gave me Savannah. She said she always remember her being a little diva - especially since she's been using his fur and not hers! =P

Savannah destroyed the nest, and so it was a false pregnancy!

Lucy had a false pregnancy when she was here for almost a month so I know how you feel! She got into the closer and built a nest out of toilet paper and her own fur.

Latest posts

Back