Is Riley's leg a problem?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horselvrkc

Reaction score
So i got Riley 3 days ago... from a pet store, and i love him to pieces but the first day i got him, like 3 hours after i got him, i noticed him limping on his left front leg. He is STILL limping. I heard someone say it could be his toenails and i looked and he might be missing a toenail but I coulndt hold him long before he escaped.

What should I do? He can run on it but without putting much weight on it.

Thanks!

-Kat+Riley

Well i tried, and his toenail that is kinda like a thumb kind of looked like it was broken, but i might of not pressed hard enough on the paw.

His duclaw - that wouldn't do it most likely. He'd probably limp if it is one of his toenails really broken out. Check for 4 and the duclaw on the front and then 4 on the back with no duclaw.

Bo broke a toenail out when he was little and he limped for a bit.

Congrats on getting your first bun, and what a great name! I used to have a Riley and he was an awesome boy.:D

If you can't get a good look at his paw try gently and calming turning him over on your lap (so he's on his tummy) and he should go into a trance where you will be able to have a good look without bothering him. Be careful not to frighten him and make sure you are close to the floor incase he decides to jump. Some bunnies just won't trance, but most will eventually and it can make it a lot easier to check their feet and trim their nails in future!

A broken toe usually will stick up a little. If he's missing a nail then just keep an eye out for any signs of infection. If you can't see anything wrong with his toes and he is still limping in a few days then it would be worth taking him for a check up (to a rabbit knowlageable vet...check first!) just incase, as it could possibly be a problem with his shoulder or a fracture etc.

Best of luck, hope he gets better soon!

Back