Is my doe pregnant?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopntailrabbitry

Reaction score
Ok, I breed my doe Charlotte on April 23;Ipalpated her today and I didn't feel anything,not that I know of. EvenI've had her bred once before,she acts different than the other doethat I breed Ginger. Now today I was petting the buck that I bred herto and I let her stiff my hand and she didn't rub her chin,but before Ibred her I rubbed my hand on the buck and she rubbed her chin. But theproblem is she hasn't been eatting nor drinking,but when I was feedingin the afternoon I was handfeeding her pellets and she was eatting outof my hand. Maybe she is lazy? Is she pregnant and is she hiding thekits? I know some does will do that.... please,please,please give mesome help about this doe,my other doe was never like Charlotte. Soplease help and respond ASAP!!!

Thanks

Remember that no two does are alike and will act differntly when bred.

Some of my does do not eat as much when they are pregnant than they

normally do. Try giving her some treats in her feeder such as plain dry

oatmeal. Give her all the hay that she wants and make sure that she

is drinking.

It may be a day or two early to palpate her and tell if she is bred. I palpated

4 does two days ago and I couldn't tell if they were bred. They were on

day 10. I palpated them again tonight just two days later and confirmed

that 3 of them were definately bred. Give it a couple more days and palp

her again.

Roger

Hello, I have a doe, that we were trying tobreed~I left my two daughters to "watch" for the buck to falloff....well they said he fell off once. Well we tried tobreed again a few days after that and they were just board of eachother. So I just gave up....our doe has a t-shirt in her cageshe plays with.....well I am sure you can guess I went out to thegarage and I seen fur flying around she had pulled the t-shirt out andI went to put it back into her "nursery" thinking she was having afalse labor. I pulled the shirt and4 babies felloff, LOL she didn't look pregnant. I went ahead and put theshirt and the babies in the "nursery" and they were all fine and momdidn't even mind that I moved them. So if your not sure as Ihave been told prepare anyway. I have that same mom and anddoe due this week and I don't feel any babies.....they are due Tues.the 8th(may) look for updates I will post in the baby section...

Hope this helps!!

Brenda~www.mnmbunnies.com

Thanks.

Oh I know does aren't the same. That's probably Charlotte too. And sheis eatting a little bit not a whole lot. But she hasn't even touchedher water though. :(

Thanks

I would put some Pedialyte in the water tointice (sp) her to drink. You could give it to her by syringebecause if she doesn't drink, she will get dehydrated quickly.

Sharon

She drank a little when I was feeding sheactually didn't want her water from yesterday,because I always give myrabbits fresh water in the afternoon,but my mom does check like I don'tknow what time but she does she like late morning or early noon to seewho needs water and she'll give that to them.So, yeah Charlotte diddrink a little bit of water.

I hope she will be fine though,but hey I think she is cause she alwayswants the attention and wants me to pet her,last time when she waspregnant she wanted me to do the samething for her of what she wantedme to do for her today. :D

Thanks

Latest posts

Back