Is he a dwarf?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbit_whisperer

Reaction score
Is this cutie a dwarf?

272306.jpg

Could be. Hard to tell from the photo. How much does the rabbit weigh? Do you have any full body photos?

Pam

no other photo's,he weighs about 3 pounds.

The person i asked said he has no breed...but they also said that rex rabbit was a cat.( crazy*cough*)

Can someoneanswer another question?

how many of you have a dwarf?I might get one and need to know there tempermant.:?

I have one, Pepsi. When it comes down to it, it's the rabbits individual personality. My Pepsi is sweet and loves to cuddle, but my cousin had a few that were very bossy and didn't like to be social with humans. All in the personality, although some breeds do have common characters. They are sure full of personality though!

Just had to add this...I have a netherland dwarf buck who is purebred, expensive, and a total "cuddlebug" ! He will literally lick your hand/arm while you hold him. This was a surprise to me as I'd heard that dwarfs were bad-tempered.

Now a fawn flemish I used to own was really a bad biter. I was her 5th owner and she was just 2 years old. She was purebred, papered, and not too expensive. Actually I did get a good deal on her. She was very quiet ather previous owner's rabbitry, and was quiet at our house. For the first week. Then all Hades broke loose. She'd actually charge at people, in or out of her hutch. I like to let all my flemish out of their hutches for play time each day ; since they can't live inside at this time. ( long, depressing story ) But not this poor gal. We were afraid of her ! I did give her lots of healthy treats, hoping to win her over. Nope.

We ended up giving her to a neighbor with no children. He'd always wanted a flemish ; and she lives in a small palace on the ground; with an upraised dog house on a wood platform. I drive by his house on the way to town, and see her inher yard. All's well that ends well, I guess. Thus farI have 2 buns thatmoved intogood homes. I wish I could keep every bun. ( well, not that crabby fawn flemmie doe. BTW, I did warn our neighbor that she was a biter. So far she's never bitten him. Go figure. ) Maybe she didn't like "Penpals" rabbit feed. Maybe our hay had mold. Maybe she didn't like our other bunnies.

O.K., time to hit the hay !

Guten Abend

rabbit whisperer, your bun is cute :D:D:DLove that Himi look, kind of like they got into the cocoa powder !

Pipp is 'busy', and zippy, but she's a total lap bunny. We're bonded, mind you, so she's compelled to groom me and stay close by.

She's very territorial, and terrorizes the cats. (I'm her's, and she will NOT share).

I don't think Sherry's a purebred dwarf, but she's close, and she's pretty calm and gentle. Took her awhile to warm up (although she always purred with nose pets), but she's very sweet, now. She's no Dill, but she'll follow me around and gently put her paws on my leg looking for treats or attention. She was intially deemed aggressive (scared the heck out of my neighbour by lunging and grunting when she went to reach for her), but it'sall show. She still grunts whenyou pick her up, but just a little. She mostly toleratesit. She's sweet and smart. :)

sas

Yes, I do believe he is a Himi colored Dwarf.

We used to raise Netherland Dwarfs. They can be a little hyper and some do bite, but many had good temperaments. The only one we have now is a smoke pearl buck named "Captain Oats" -- he's a sweetie.

Pam

yeah I heard that too they have bad tempermants,not true for all though.

He's such a cutie.:colors:

Pepsi is very good tempered, hardly ever lunges or makes a fuss. She comes to the side of the cage or the door everytime I walk in the roomfor a cuddle. Not a bad tempered bone in her body- well except when her veggies are late, then you better watch out ;).

Latest posts

Back