Is fleece rabbit safe??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSketchyBunnies

Reaction score
With My Rabbits... Where Else Would I Be?!?!
Hi! I am thinking of covering the floor of my rabbit cage with foam puzzle mats & I one of my rabbits is a chewer so I know what would happen if I only put in the mats. Is fleece rabbit safe? I was thinking I could rap the puzzle mats with it and so my rabbits wouldn’t chew them.

Yes, but be sure to watch out and monitor your rabbit.
Giving rabbits soft blankets are good especially since rabbits want to snuggle with the soft fabrics whenever it is cold. They love to play with and roll around these soft blankets especially during sleeping time. The thick, soft, and smooth fabrics help warm the feeling of the rabbits that put them to good sleep at night.

It should be just fine as long as it's tight to the floor! Mine would find a loose edge and shred a fleece blanket in hours! I really like patio mats, but they aren't as soft and I just need something they can't turn into a toy!

Fleece are safer than other blankets because it won’t tread. But if you bunny consume the fleece blanket and not just shredding I would recommend find something else as protection on the floor.

Because consuming a lot of fleece won’t be safe but you can try and see how your bunny react. My bunnies won’t chew the fleece blanket if it fitted and they can’t dig it up. If it’s loose they will try to fix the blankets and will chew it 😊

They don't give him sore hocks, and he is a mini rex which is saying something. I will shake them out every day to get loose fur and hay off, and I do a quick load of them every week to get them extra clean.

Back