Is coir bunny safe?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angoragrl

Reaction score
I thought I asked this question when I first got the matt but I can't find a post about it and I just discovered that Lilly really likes it so I thought I would ask now.

I got this matt at World Market I think, it is 100% coir fiber. Here's a picture of it.

DSC01638.jpg

mat.jpg

The other side of it has no ink and that is the side that is up.

The boys never really payed any attention to it but I just brought it into Lilly's room and she seems to really like digging/pulling at it. She has not tried to eat any of it yet and I am watching her carefully.

Does anyone know if this is safe for her or should I take it away? It's the first thing I've found that she really likes so I would like to let her keep using it if it is safe.

some rabbit toys and other mats for rabbits are made out of coir fiber. So I can only assume its okay. Otherwise, companies would not make products out of it for rabbits.

Lynda:hearts:

Hi! Not knowing the answer, I did a little search and found a reference in friendsofrabbits.org, in an article about rabbit toys, saying that coir doormats are safe for bunnies to chew. This is all I found...

Marietta

Thanks for the help! I had tried to find anything about it one way or the other and I didn't come across anything.

Latest posts

Back