Irrational (or rational...) fears

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apollo’s Slave

Reaction score
Does anyone have any weird irrational (or possibly rational) fears when it comes to their rabbits?

I'm always terrified that Apollo will jump out of my window... He always looks up at it longingly, and would even hop up there if there was something that could give him a boost. I had to rearrange my whole room because he would just from my bed to the window sill, and I like to keep my windows open 😅

Every single time they flop or sleep my heart skips a beat. Poor things have been woke up so many times when i walk in and see them flopped on their side fast asleep

When I was a new bun dad, I had tons of rational and irrational fears. Too many to list.

I've calmed down a bit now. I can (usually) go a full day at work without checking on their live video feed...

I guess my biggest fear is having to go away for a long time (military) and having to leave my boys with someone else. And not returning to two happy, healthy bunny boys. So far, the longest I've left is 5 weeks, and Lawrence was fine. I had a trip scheduled for 3 months (which got cancelled), and I had a reservation at my local pet boarder, which is also a rabbit rescue, but still..

Does anyone have any weird irrational (or possibly rational) fears when it comes to their rabbits?

I'm always terrified that Apollo will jump out of my window... He always looks up at it longingly, and would even hop up there if there was something that could give him a boost. I had to rearrange my whole room because he would just from my bed to the window sill, and I like to keep my windows open 😅
Get fly screens for the windows, that way he can't jump out and flies can't get in.

mine would probably be Odyssey going through the stair railings...she loves playing on the stairs and does CRAZY zoomies up and down. she often sniffs the gaps and even though i know she probably can't fit through, i still worry.

and also leaving her with someone else while we're on vacation, i've yet to do this but i feel so worried for when we have to leave her with someone!

Mine is fire alarms in my building. I even moved house to a lower floor because of my fear haha. We’ve had a few go off and I’m dreading the day I have to round up Gigi and Kiki and get them into a carrier super quick because they’re free roam. I even have fencing ready just in case.

I also have 3 foster bunnies, so the thought of carrying 5 bunnies in 3 carriers down 6 flights of stairs keeps me up at night sometimes 😳

Mine is fire alarms in my building. I even moved house to a lower floor because of my fear haha. We’ve had a few go off and I’m dreading the day I have to round up Gigi and Kiki and get them into a carrier super quick because they’re free roam. I even have fencing ready just in case.

I also have 3 foster bunnies, so the thought of carrying 5 bunnies in 3 carriers down 6 flights of stairs keeps me up at night sometimes 😳
Whoa, that would be a nightmare! Let's hope it never happens!
It is a rational fear. Mine is one night we step on Shen because he's a dark bunny in a dark room. Xiao Wu is easy to see. He's not. T.T
Haha true. I also share the same fear for Storm, as i did with Musti. Storm used to have 24-7 fdeerange in my room until Iris joined. Both boys, broken blacks. They just had to have all of the visible portion black and then when they stretch or flop-white underside.
If you look at the thumbnail, how much bun do you initially see? Only the white patch of shoulder for me.20200501_115016.jpg

Latest posts

Back