introducing new bun to bonded pair - advice please!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaiah

Reaction score
i just posted recently about our house-bun issue (how we'd like our 3 buns to have more freedom, but worry about destructive behaviors because we live in an apartment)........and i was wondering, as far as introductions go, what is the proper method? (we only want to bond them as "play buddies", not as living partners)

or rather...should we be introducing all 3 buns at the same time in a neutral area or just one of the bonded pair to the new bun for 'one on one' introductions?

so far, we've been trying the one-on-one method, but of course the femaie of the bonded pair wants to fight the new female and the male of the bonded pair only wants to hump the new bun...:(

i was wondering if we put the bonded pair in together with the new bun, maybe they wouldn't act up so much? but i also worry that 2 against 1 would be much harder to break up if there was a fight...and maybe the pair would decide to attack the other one since they were together?

argh! this is so frustrating! anyone out there whose bonded trios, please give some advice!!

kaiah

Latest posts

Back