Introducing a new rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RebeccaUK

Reaction score
Hi, you may remember last weekend I posted picsof my bunny Benjamin. He's 18 months old and has beenneutered. For a while I've been thinking of getting anotherbunny to keep Benjamin company but also because I always wishedfortwo. I work long hours and I feel Benjamin getslonely all day on his own out in the garden despite the fuss I make ofhim when I make it home from work. What are your thoughts andresponses to introducing a new rabbit - e.g. what sex, age, type ofrabbit and any tips to encourage them to learn to love oneanother. I kind of wish I'd bought two when Benjamin wasstill a baby and then they could have grown together but my husbandencouraged me just to get one and then go back for another one whenBenjamin had grown a little but as time has gone on I got more nervousabout him rejecting a new addition to the family. Plus I keephearing different advice from different places so a definitive 'Yes' or'No' would make it much easier. Benjamin can be quite viciousas he fears being carried and picked up but when he's on ground levelhe is affectionate. Any advice would be greatly received.

It'd be easiest for him to be bonded to a femaleof similar age ( An older rabbit may not put up with all the energythat younger ones have...)

There's a link in the basic rabbit care post about bonding that could be helpfull.

~Christine~

I live in the UK so I can't take bunnies off mostpeople on this site.I was hoping to rescue one butit would have to have the right temperament to get on withBenjamin.

Back