Indoor set-up

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigtab

Reaction score
I went against all advice and got a second rabbit. They’re doing good so far and this is my hopefully improved indoor set-up for them. Is this a good temporary set-up for them? Suggestions on improving it?

Attachments

• 9C5D3CB7-6BE0-45DE-B115-FB9839447A2F.jpeg
    9C5D3CB7-6BE0-45DE-B115-FB9839447A2F.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 23
You were provided many housing-related suggestions and resources in your previous post which will inform you on needed improvements, including space, flooring, and litter box set up. Please review those suggestions made by users and the website linked.

Last edited:
That was a bad decision, the rabbits could fight and never be able to bond again. Neither of your rabbits are spayed or neutered that I know off so there could be oopsie litters. Those are hard wood floors, a rug should be put under it as to not cause splayed legs. Does the cage stay open? If so that would be better as one rabbit should not even be in that small or a cage.
I truly hope you aren’t housing them togeatehr with having at least one spayed. I do not remember how old your rabbits are but if they are babies, baby bonds don’t equal actually bonds, as soon as hormones kick in they will most certainly fight. If you have ever watch 101rabbits she had a story of two rabbits bonding and while she was asleep they fought terribly severely injuring both rabbits, they had to be separated permanently. That area is definitely an improvement but 💯 separate them till they are spayed and neutered. Also specif if you keep the cage door open, as that makes a difference. I am unsure of the litter box size but it looks relatively small, so upgrade to maybe a plastic storage container. 101 rabbits has a lot of info on bonding and her own experiences.
Sincerely,
Peanuts Place
Edit
I saw that they would both be girls and they are sisters, just because they are from the same litter doesn’t mean they will get along when hormones hit. Female rabbits in my experience tend to be cage aggressive when there hormones hit, it’s like them protecting their home from other rabbits that would want to use it. So having two hormonal cage aggressive rabbits in that small cage is a recipe for disaster. Rabbits can and will fight to the death
Unspayed “Bonded” sisters Refer to this for an example

Last edited:
I would.
I'd also separate them till you get them fixed. A baby gate to put in a doorway or better yet ex-pens so you can put them where you want their spaces to be.

They are only about 10-11 weeks old so I don’t need to separate them yet 😬

They are only about 10-11 weeks old so I don’t need to separate them yet 😬
Yes you are technically correct that you do not NEED to separate them. But wouldn’t you rather be safe than sorry? In the nicest way possible, we are just looking for the best interest of those two rabbits. One of them could have been mis gendered as it is very common, leaving your with an oopsie litter. fights are also possible at any time, so please just keep a lookout

Back