In loving memory of Unix

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FusedBrain

Reaction score
Unix passed today. She got hit by GI stasis. It was really fast. As if in a blink of an eye, she was gone.

I am starting to miss her very much.

ripunix.jpg

I'm so sorry. GI stasis can be awful if it's not caufght early, I'm sorry you have both had to suffer this. Stasis is generally secondary to something else, are you planning to have a necropsy done?

Unix was very beautiful and I am truly sorry for your loss.

If you ever need a chat, my PM box is always open.

Take care of yourself

RIP Unix

thanks guys. No necropsy. The pain is too hard to bear. I just buried her. I am sure it is GI stasis. Not too sure what was the underlying problem that caused it. Most probably lack of exercise due to the rainy season. Do not have much runs out in the garden.

I am trying to pick up the pieces. I think what keeps me going are her beautiful daughters.

The pain of losing a much loved friend is unbearable, and I can fully understand not having a necropsy.

I doubt lack of exercise could cause stasis, so please don't beat yourself up about that. Yes, it can help to keep them moving, but I don't think it would cause this in the first place.

Having children of a lost rabbit can be a true healer, I truly hope they bring you some comfort.

Take care of yourself.

Thank you so much guys & gals for helping me through this healing process. I am trying to suppress the sadness but somehow as time goes by I really miss her very much. Looking at her empty cage makes it worst. Will try to keep myself occupied so that I do not think about her that much.

I just cannot figure out what really went wrong. I did switch food from a local manufactured pellet to an imported brand called Oxbow. And I give greens occassionally, rolled oats and quite constant supply of Timothy Hay.

The only thing is the exercise, it has been raining everyday and I was not able to let her out that often for a run.

Still trying to figure out so I can ensure my other bunnies do not end up this way.

I'm so sorry for your loss - she was beautiful. I'm glad you have her daughters to help you through this.

Peg

Yes, Unix is a very beautiful girl. She is also the one that brought my Yohji into this world. Yohji will always miss & remember his mummy.. and so will I :(

Latest posts

Back