I'm worried about Precious!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PixieStixxxx

Reaction score
Precious is leaving extremely tiny droppings, and by tiny I mean as big as this smily => :(

They're also coming out as hard a rock. And sometimes, I find smushed poo on her box.

It doesn't look like coccidia to me.. but you never know?

Help?

Edit: I should write that she is very active, eating and drinking just fine too!

Coccidia has a very distinct nasty smell to it - some have compared it to the smell of tarring roofs. You can not miss the smell with coccidia - plus I believe it is more of a diaherrea vs. small poops.

What is she eating besides pellets? Is she getting hay?

Sometimes my rabbits have dry hard poops because they haven't been drinking as much - you might want to add a bit of vanilla to her water (1-2 drops) or make some very very light mint tea or herbal tea (no caffeine) and add a few drops to her water...to get her to drink more.

It would really help though if you could share what she is eating, etc.

Peg

I've only ever encountered two rabbits who had coccidia, but I've never been able to smell it.

I've only gotten her yesterday, and she's on unknown pellets from the shelter. I was going to start weaning her onto Oxbow BBT pellets, but have held off for now.

She's eating timothy hay, and all her veggies, and is drinking her water.

I had that when I brought Pebbles home, but that was when she was a baby, so maybe it's partially stress related and getting used to her surroundings?

Hope her poops get back to normal soon!

PixieStixxxx wrote:
Precious is leaving extremely tiny droppings, and by tiny I mean as big as this smily => :(

They're also coming out as hard a rock. And sometimes, I find smushed poo on her box.

It doesn't look like coccidia to me.. but you never know?

Help?
Is she drinking? You may want to offer her some plain pedialyte along with plain water. It sounds like dehydration.

Is she eating and drinking? Is she active or "meatloafed" in one spot? Does she look like she's pressing her tummy to the floor? Is she shifting around like she's trying to get comfortable? Any unhappy tooth grinding?

We went through a bout of G.I. stasis a few weeks ago and the above were all behaviors exhibited along with the tiny hard poops, then no poops.

No, it's definately not stasis! And thank goodness too.

She's very active, and eating and drinking just fine. She's had this problem throughout her stay at the shelter.. I'm just worried that if it is something that she had caught, that it may affect my other buns?

Latest posts

Back