I'm convincing myself that Sakura is gonna die

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZminilops

Reaction score
Until yesterday I was really happy about her getting spayed. Then 'that time of the month' came around and I started getting all sensitive and weepy and grumpy. Then, my stupid head started to convince me that she's going to die today.

Can someone please send a virtual kick up the ass to me? I can't snap out of it! I keep itching to call the vet and put it off.

Sorry, just had to vent, I'm so tired of being a woman and getting so emotional :grumpy:. Can I go back in time and be born as Johnny Depp? At least then I could spend all day admiring myself in the mirror and that would keep me cheerful forever :p.

Awww!! I can understand your fears.

I've been through many spays and neuters, well not me personally but all my fosters. Not to mention Zeke's recent surgury, I was sick to my stomache waiting for him to be done.

Is she already at the vets? I know my vet does surguries in the morning then has the rest of the day for recovery and monitoring before you pick them up.

You can always call and ask if she's been done yet and how she's doing.

Do your best to stay positive!! I know it's hard, but it's all we can do sometimes.

--Dawn

Yup, just dropped her off 5 minutes ago. Feeling sick to my stomach, argh.

As soon as I took her through the door, she started thrashing around in the carrier and the receptionist was freaking out too which didn't help any. You'd think she'd never seen a rabbit before.

This is Sakuras second attempt at a spay, the first time she stopped breathing as she went under, so, I'm blaiming my nerves on that. I'm not usually so worked up.

It's 9am here and I wont hear from them till 4 they said, so I'm going to try and keep busy :).

Oh, Sweetie...don't worry...Sakura is gonna make it through just fine.

I just got word that my Maisie came through okay...and she had something seriously wrong with her uterus...but she made it through.

I think Maisie being fine is a good sign for your Sakura. I just know that if Maisie was there, she'd be encouraging your girl, telling her it's gonna be okay...

:hugsquish:

Ohhh relax. Or I will take away your sheep friend.

NOOOO, not Mr Baa-Ram-Ewe! :shock:

I'm so glad about Maisie, wahoo!! You know, seriously, if those two were in a room together it would be an all out diva war :p.

I'm feeling good now, also just remembered that they said they've changed their spay procedure a bit. They used to make huge inscisions but now the ones they make are really short, I kept worrying her stomach would fall open at home and guts would go everywhere :craziness. Now I'm thinking it wont be so bad. Lucky was cut from ribs to tail it seemed!

The same thing happened to Sugar the first time she went in to get spayed. I was really worried about trying a second time, but she was so grouchy and hormonal that I had to.

She came through with flying colours the second time around. No problems what so ever, and she recovered beautifully.

I have faith that your little girl will be just fine.

--Dawn

Any idea yet how your girl is? I'm still prayin' for her...

And if Maisie weren't so doped up, she'd be prayin', too, hehe...

:hug:

Hey y'all! (I'm feeling southern today :p)

Just got her home a short time ago, she's doing awesome! She's a bit big-puplied and spaced out, but she's walking, eating and drinking and responding well to affection.

I just saw a flea on her shaved belly though, ugh! Lucky I have some advantage for kittens & rabbits, I'll just ring the vet and see if it's ok to use on her so soon after surgery or not.

YAYY!!! Glad she's home and doing better!!! WOOHOO!!

GO SAKURA!! We're rootin' for ya!!

:bunnydance::pinkbouce::party0002::airborne:

Continuing my vibes for Sakura! Yay, girl, I'm so happy you pulled through just fine:D.

Let us know how it goes, Chelle. If you need any help, please post. Ask Randy or Haley about the meds. I think it'll be all good though;).

Hugs!:)

Latest posts

Back