I'll may be away for a few days....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymommy

Reaction score
Hi,

I know most of you don't know me to well yet. I just wanted to say that I may not be online for a few days.

I found out this morning that my ex-father-in-law only has 2-3 daysleft to live. We are very close. He's been in thehospital for a little over a month now battling a reaction to chemotherapy. It took a turn for the worse. I've beenpretty upset this morning when I found out that things had made a badturn. He's been battling different forms of cancer for almost15 years now. But he's always pulled through justfine. I think we take for granite some times that thingscan't happen to our own family.

He lives in Florida now with one of his daughters. Myex-husband and his other sister live here in Georgia like me.They have all been with him since he went in the hospital. Sonow I'm just kinda on edge waiting. I'll be making the tripfor certain once he passes. I know he'll be better off andhe'll be with his wife again. But it's hard to imagine hewon't be here to go eat Mexican and listen to the meriochy band, anddrink a margarita. That was his favorite thing to do.:(

Thats so sad, this must be a really tough timefor you and I bet all the people here will understand. Stay away fromhere as long as you need!

Love 4rm
Lauren

xXx

Oh my goodness! =( I'm so sorry, I knowhow hard that is. Okay, maybe I dont, but I can only imagine. Do whatyou need, and feel no pressure to hurry back.

I am so sorry to hear the sad news!! I will keep both of you and your family in my prayers

Babymommy - I'm so sorry to here of your trouble.

"But it's hard to imagine he won't be here to go eat Mexican and listento the meriochy band, and drink a margarita. That was hisfavorite thing to do.:("

From this it sounds as though you are very, very close. We'll all bethinking about you at this sad time. Cherish those good times thatyouhadabovewhen you feelindespair.

Vickie

Thank you all so much. When I wasmarried to his son, his dad lived with us for 5 years. Thenhe moved to Florida because he loves the sun and fishing and thegolf. I would go out to eat almost every night with his dadjust so he would have company. I gained 30 pounds in theprocess, but I'd take those 30 pounds any day of the week over nothaving him around.

I think maybe tonight I'll go eat mexican, have a margaritta and have the band play his favorite songs in a tribute to him.

Thanks again!

What a strong spirited man to live so many yearswith cancer! I think he would enjoy it very much to see yougo eat Mexican in honor of a tradition that you oncebothshared and enjoyed. It is so very sad when someone you caredeeply for passesaway. That is the life processand we all know that, but it still hurts. Just know that weare here if you need to talk, meanwhile our thoughts will be with youand his family. Beckie

It takes a special woman to be there for your ex's family at this very difficult time.

Your kindness will be returned in some form or another.

Will be praying for you and yours.

-Carolyn

My heart goes out to you. I can't even beginto imagine how hard this must be for you. We will be for you if youneed us. You are in my thoughts and in my prayers.

Tina

I am very sorry your going through a rough time. Only time will make it better.

Cristy

Update:

Again, thank you all so much for your kind words!

I just spoke to one of his daughters. His blood pressure hasnow dropped to 67/37 and he's on moraphine and probably won't wake upagain. As his daughter put it, his wife won't be waiting tomuch longer to be with her husband again.

I guess that's the only comfort you have in these situations and to know he won't suffer any longer.

I had to explain everything to my 14 year old daughter lastnight. They are very close also. She was really hisonly grand child. And he took her everywhere with him everySummer before he moved to Florida. She was upset, but I justtried to explain the best i could to her. I think sheunderstands.

Fortunately, the main service will be here in Georgia, so I guess I'll just hang in limbo until I hear more.

oh my, im sorry it took solong for me to read this. and im so very sorry to hear about your(coming) loss. it sounds like you have lots of great memories of thisman, so when things get tough try to think of them-as well as the factthat he wont be suffering anymore. still, i know its hard. well all bethinking of you, yours & his. <3

ps. carolyn is right-youre one tough cookie! bless you.

I'm so sorry for what you're going through.. I can just imagine how hard it must be. You'll be in our thoughts/prayers!

~pam

He passed away last night a little before10:00. I feel like I should've gone down to Florida themoment i heard he wasn't going to make it. But I think Iwould rather remember him the way I saw him last.

I hope to hear something soon as to the services for him.

Back