IDEAS! BunnyRoom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabby

Reaction score
To give me something to think about inthe new couple months or so. We should be moving within the next 3months, hopefully 1.5 months but builders are normally slow.. NO we arenot building, the house we want to buy the current residentsare building their new home.

At any rate it's not far from where we live now, with 2x the land andwe are going from a 900 sq ft house to a 1500 sq foot house.At any rate the basement is unfinished, and has good size windows for abasement nice sunlight, the walls are paintable and are currently whitethe floor is currently concrete, my question,

what would be your ideal flooringfor under cages where themost mess will be? ceramic, vinal tiles etc? Please give me your ideas.

Second, there will be a "play room, next to the house area which willhave the same flooring and an area rug(easy to toss if itgets to dirty:p) So what would be your bunnies idea toys orfun toys, i don't mean like small toys i'm talking climbing castles andthe like. please feel free to share.

I'm sureit will take a few months to put togetherbut once it is i'll photograph for everyone here to see. So bring forthyour ideas you may see them on film in a bunny play room ;)

Thank you in advance--THe Savage Rabbit family

Hi Gabby!

How exciting!!

My first thought is to go with the vinyl tiles because the ceramic canhave pores and absorb the urine. I would think it'd be harderto clean as well.

As to the playroom, wow! I want to come back as your petbunny in my next life. What about those child junglejims? Check e-bay or yard sales.

By the way, it's snowing here! Yesterday it was 68 degrees, today, it's snowing.

-Carolyn

Good point about the tiles Carolyn. I would have never thought of that point.

It's snowing here off and on too. Flurries for the most part, but still. Winter is a comin'!

Funny howwinter seems to hit me 2 months earlier than the rest! lol.

As for playroom ideas, I've learned that my bunnies love to be high andon top of things. So maybe a tiered shelving kind of thing? What I meanby that is small square pieces of wood (so the bunny can jump up on andmove around) attached to the wall kind of like stairs so they hop upand down the different levels and enjoy themselves.

I'm not really sure if that made any sense! But I tried.

Don't knowfor sure, but you may be able to getmaterial, like linoleum, that comes is a roll and is one piece, lessexpensively than individual tiles. Plus, you wouldn't have to"glue" it down to keep it in place in case you later want to makechanges.

Buck

We have tiles in our kitchen where the bunniesare. I put plastic furniture covering underneath their cagesto protect the tiles. It works pretty good, unless your bunnylikes to eat plastic...Ahem, Lenci. :D

all very good ideas, since the basement is emptyI can pretty much do what i want, put up walls, put down flooring, so Iam going to try and come up with what will hopefully workbest. I would be attaching the flooring down even if it werea sheet of linoleum, becides you're suppose to glue theedges.

mybunnyboys i do think I understand what you are describing, and thegood news is i have a few months to plan, the bad news i have a fewmonths to plan :p

I want instant gratification LOL But i'm waiting, on the edge of my seat working fast and furious trying to sell our house..

I haven't decided the layout yet of the bunny rooms, but don'tworry it'll be a full plan soon, I sat in mybasement lastnight and was setting it up in my mind like the other place LOL

Latest posts

Back