I think my babies are just too small

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaisyNBuster

Reaction score
Home of the white rabbits, , United Kingdom
Hi all

As you know my babies will shortly be saying goodbye to us :(. They are 8 weeks tomorrow and are due to go anyday.

The thing is I still feel they are just too small to go yet, especiallyRunty (I was going to keep her with Mum for a week or two until she hadcaught up anyway). Do you think I should keep them all back for a weekor let them go? They are fully weaned, but still small. Help would bevery welcomed!

Vickie

I'm no pro, butI'll share what my experience is. Our neighbors had Sebastianand his brothers. We visited every couple days from the timehe was born and 8 weeks seemes like soooooo long to wait for him tocome home. I hadn't known that you had to wait thatlong. Anyway, he was 7-8 weeks old when he came to us and wedidn't have a single bit of trouble. He never seemed lonely.Didn't have a diet problem or poo problem, etc. Of course, heknew us from the visits. I'd make sure the people who takethe babies get a care package from you with little ziplock baggies ofeach product you use and a note that tells what each brand is and whereyou get it. Explain that changes aren't good forbabies. Sorry so long winded! ;)

Hope it helps!

well i am not pro eather to tell you the truth ijust started to get bunnies not that long ago and i do not know muchabout them but i think that you should keep thjem back for a whileuntil they get older becuase they might have promblem latter on!!!!

Dont forget though Vickie that Kiara, Vitani,Snowy and the other three (bless) had to come from their mum when thesecond litter were born. They were four weeks wasnt they? So personallyI think they should be fine. The only one I would be wary of letting gonow is, as you say, Runty.

Do whatever you think is best.

Siobhan xxx

Hi Vickie,

You just can't let go of the little beauties, can you? Ifthey're 8 weeks and fully weaned, I'm sure they'll be okay. Iknow you wouldn't send them to a home that wouldn't completely spoilthem; I wouldn't worry. You could always leave it open to thenew family to say if they don't seem to be doing well, bring them backfor a week. I'd hold onto Runty though.

Follow your heart. If you feel that you'd like to keep themone more week because it'll make you feel more at ease, do so.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
You just can't let go of the little beauties, can you?

Nope !It's funny I posted this actually - Ryan only said today "It's a goodjob the babies are going soon, they are huge!" Maybe I'mpsychologically imaginingit .I'm definitely keeping my Runty back though. He isstilltiny.I've still not decided whether to keep the little cutieor not yet. I'd love to but at the end of the day, I have to bepractical. I have three little white rabbits to love as it is, plus 2skin babies and two kitties. It's just so sad, I'd have them all if Icould!

Daisy goes to the vets tomorrow for her check up. Her hair was growingback on her nose and todayit is just as worse as ever - Thereis hardly and hair at all now. I'm a bit worried! I'll let you all knowtomorrow how she gets on (providing the surgery can fit me in).

Vickie

DaisyNBuster wrote:
Carolyn wrote:
You just can't let go of the little beauties, can you??
?

Nope? !It's funny I posted this actually - Ryan only said today "It's a goodjob the babies are going soon, they are huge!"

My Friend, Vickie,

I so respect you for writing that. That's not an easy thing to admit, especially publicly.

It's no wonder you wish you could be all the bunnies mom. You're a natural at it.

I'll keep Ms. Daisy in my prayers. I have great hope that the vet will help her.

:)

-Carolyn

Tucker has gotten SO Fat!

I never saw it until last night.

When I let him out, he did a bunny flop in the living room, and I wastalking to my Mom on the phone and said, "Wow! Tucker looks prettyround!"

Tonight I picked him up to trim his nails and when I grabbed him, :shock: it felt like I was picking up a prairie dog!

Camp is soon over and now it's back to rationed portions of his food and more exercise.

What a Chunky Monkey! Love is blind, isn't it, Vickie? You thinkingyour babies are too small; me, thinking Tucker's his trim self. N O T!!!

-Carolyn

Love is definitely blind.

LOL I can just see Tucker now doing hisexercises-

I'm sure he will love that :D. I bet he's been thinking Christmas hascome early while camp has been on. I'm picturing his face now when helearns that hes back to rationed portions. If he lived nearer he couldjoin Big Buster Babes for some aerobics - he's also a bunny that coulddo with getting in shape! LOL

Vickie

Buck Jones sent treats that Tucker's never Seen before.

My Oh My!

How he Loooovvveess Buck Jones!

-Carolyn

I'll loan Tucker two of myfavorite phrases...

"I'm inno shape to exercise!"and

"I'm not FAT I'm FLUFFY!"

Prairie Dog, Vickie.

I'm tellin ya; when I picked him up, if it wasn't for his soft fur, I'd think, "Prairie Dog."

-Carolyn

Oh RaspberrySwirl--

He's not "fluffy", he's ROUND!

:shock:

-Carolyn

Okay, so he knows his shapes! He's not fat orover weight, he just likes the soft lines of curves that round thingshave! There you go insulting Tucker! :pJK JK.

Okay all joking aside, I know that feeling, except that in our case, itreally was their fur. Since their outside they really were just fluffy!Now I just need to find the perfect balance, one's chubby and the otheris a bit too skinny for my liking. Just can't make everyone happy andeven things out can you?

Latest posts

Back